Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Duplicate Payments

Options
  • 23-11-2017 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I logged into my online banking account yesterday and found that duplicate payments were taken from my account on two transactions. What can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Lornacarroll99,

Thanks for contacting us here.

We are sorry to hear this.

Have you checked your account today in case it was a shadow payment? 

Is both of the payments in your most recent transactions or transactions in progress?

Was there any issues when you made this purchase?

Thanks,

Kareana  

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lornacarroll99

One duplicate has now been removed, but money was not returned. The other still remains.
    There was a problem where mg card decline the 1st time, so I had to retry.
    Both would be very recent transactions,both within the week. They are not pending on my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Lornacarroll99,

Thanks for your reply.

The correct transaction should have gone through and the declined transaction would have dropped off the account.

Your balance would have adjusted itself.

As the transactions never fully debited you wouldn't see a credit coming back into your account however if you look at your transactions and balance it should balance out correctly. 

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement