Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card blocked without even informing me - Never behind with payments

Options
  • 23-11-2017 11:44am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Attempted to use my credit card and it would not work. Apparently it has been blocked. No late payments, never even close to credit limit. I know there can be valid security reasons for blocking a card, but how about letting me know???? I have been on hold for the past 20 minutes...... 
    Company card issued to me in the last month, only two small transactions to date of less than €60. I am about to go on a business trip and the plan was to pay for the hotel, meals etc. with the card. At least I know now there is an issue, it could have been a serious problem otherwise.  So why the secret?? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi 2011,

Thanks for your post here on Boards. 

We are sorry to hear this.

We would recommend that you place a travel note on your account before departure as our security team would monitor your accounts 24/7 and may think its fraud on the account.

They would normally send you a email or text to confirm with them if its yourself using the card and request that you respond before they place the block/flag on the card.

Please contact our security team on 016798993 to lift any blocks/flags on your cards.

Please be assured I will pass you feedback on.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement