Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orion Starblast 6i

Options
  • 23-11-2017 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, considering getting one of these scopes, would love to hear any opinions or advice please.
    After much research and head scratching I've whittled what will be my first telescope down to this choice.I think!
    I would have ideally selected a 8" Dob but being realistic, for my situation it might be too big.The Starblast certainly looks smaller and more portable.Will the 6" still give me plenty to see and a bit of wow factor?Have been using a pair of Celestron 70 * 15 binoculars for a couple years which I really like but am chomping for a bit of a step up.
    So would you guys say its a good scope to get bearing in mind I want something easy enough to move around and is a general all rounder when it comes to different type of targets, moon, planets, etc.Also, rather like the idea of the intelliscope aspect to this, is ir easy enough to use?Finally, who to buy from?I've seen it on Amazon, is that as good as any?Ktec dont do Orion and dont know of any other place in Ireland.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Are you sure you ready to commit !?

Have a look at this one HERE before goign to a full physical hands-on scope.

My physical scope has nice spider webs on it...looks alien to me pocket.
    Have fun.

Advertisement