Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Junior Cert - Irish

Options
  • 23-11-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was not at the recent planning in-service in our area and have a few questions, if there's anyone that can help or discuss it would be great.

It seems that the thematic approach is gone. This I found a great way of teaching topics and would make a cultural link as well as Literacy and Numeracy in my plans anyway.
    Would it be right to say that from now on, when doing plans your starting point is a piece of literature and your plan develops from there, allowing for spontaneous learning as directed from the students connection to the piece!? (if you select a short film they may take a cultural or perhaps a school theme, depending on the piece and we follow on the learning from there!?)
    I would always have placed the literature at the end of a topic but it has been suggested that this is now placed to the fore.

Sorry if this is confusing or maybe its just stating the obvious, but it would be great to get some feedback or guidance. I feel like I need the clouds to part coz I don't seem to get it!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Is that for T1 or T2? We haven't received any inservice and have no clue what we're doing! Just following the book and hoping for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 userb

The thematic approach is gone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I don't think it is gone. What is in is basically any activity where students are active.....using IT to do presentations on a topic, singing songs, reading novels and short stories, working in pairs and groups, evaluating eachother etc. On paper it sounds good actually but not sure how to go about the planning documents. I cannot make sense of the planning templates on the JCT website. Hopefully inservice in January will tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 userb

I hope the inservices are beneficial sounds like its has shifted focus onto active learning entirely or for the most part

Advertisement