Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck between Big 4 choices

• 23-11-2017 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have been offered contracts with all of the Big 4 in their audit depts (all in Dublin) starting 2018. Delighted with the 4 offers but have only managed to whittle it down to PwC and Deloitte and finding it difficult to decide from there.

I understand PwC has the better reputation and is seen as the most "prestigious" of the 4, but I also really liked Deloitte and felt very much like its somewhere I would fit in quite easily. It is also a much better option in terms of location and the commute....regardless of all that, has anyone any opinions or advice regarding either of the two?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Same question every year !

Go with your gut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Really doesn't matter in the long run which you go for, go with wherever you feel you would fit in best. As it's also easier commute wise, it sounds like Deloitte is the one for you.

Also it's closer to Diceys :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The location and the commute will not make much difference as you will not be spending much time in the office, you will be working on site most of the year.

Many moons ago, I spent most of my first year as a trainee living in the Talbot hotel in Wexford. Down on Sunday night or Monday morning and back on a Friday evening...

The big 4 are much of a muchness in terms of experience and training so go with your heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

barneysaur wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been offered contracts with all of the Big 4 in their audit depts (all in Dublin) starting 2018. Delighted with the 4 offers but have only managed to whittle it down to PwC and Deloitte and finding it difficult to decide from there.

I understand PwC has the better reputation and is seen as the most "prestigious" of the 4, but I also really liked Deloitte and felt very much like its somewhere I would fit in quite easily. It is also a much better option in terms of location and the commute....regardless of all that, has anyone any opinions or advice regarding either of the two?

Who did you go with out of interest? I was offered KPMG and EY, went for KPMG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Any of them guarantee what department you'll be in? I know PwC don't but if some told you what department you were going into it, it might help your decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement