Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AirPods Updated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Keano wrote: »
    Odd that you have issues even when walking.

People in having different ear size shocker.

I've never had a Apple earphone fall out, not once... whereas they just won't stay in for my wife at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

eeloe wrote: »
    100% the best apple product ever.

If I lost them, i’d beg borrow or steal to get another pair if I couldn’t afford them.

happened to me..on my second pair.
    Weird thing is the second pair don't fit me as well as the first pair then. I never had first set pop out but the 2nd set does when I'm moving around on the couch or bed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

For those who have difficulty with AirPod fit, have you tried clenching your ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dades wrote: »
    For those who have difficulty with AirPod fit, have you tried clenching your ears?

“You’re wearing them wrong” :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

I have a slight fear of losing them when nodding off on a plane - pretty much the only concern I have with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

lordlame wrote: »
    I have a slight fear of losing them when nodding off on a plane - pretty much the only concern I have with them

But then they'll still be on the plane! Worse if it happens outside which has happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »
    100% the best apple product ever.

If I lost them, i’d beg borrow or steal to get another pair if I couldn’t afford them.

They're decent and the functionality is good but the sound is not great and I don't think they're a perfect fit for me. One ear is looser.

It's no way the best product they have ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

murpho999 wrote: »
    But then they'll still be on the plane! Worse if it happens outside which has happened to me.

Some airplane chairs have a bit of a messy structure with gaps that can possibly let small objects go inside and be hard/impossible to recover without disassembling parts of the chair.

I don’t believe it’s a massive issue TBH but I think this is what the OP might be referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are these in stock anywhere in Dublin? Looking for a last min Christmas gift.

Trying to find a set myself, sold out countrywide as far as I can tell. Have rang everywhere and no luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Are these in stock anywhere in Dublin? Looking for a last min Christmas gift.
    Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Trying to find a set myself, sold out countrywide as far as I can tell. Have rang everywhere and no luck

Get onto adverts. There’s loads of the smaller shops selling them brand new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

rumor has it new pods launch march 2019..........

rumor has it new pods launch march 2019..........

Do you have a link with more details?

According to MacRumors it seems like only an incremental update with a wireless charging case being added (that you can also but separately) and some added Siri functionality.

2020 seems like when we'll see something worth holding out for.

According to MacRumors it seems like only an incremental update with a wireless charging case being added (that you can also but separately) and some added Siri functionality.

2020 seems like when we'll see something worth holding out for.

Yeah that’s the one I saw as well. So nothing too exciting before 2020 if this is correct (although it it is Qi compatible the wireless charging case would be nice).

A better quality case would be nice as well, mine is destroyed with scratches and markings!
    You mean aesthetically??!

As long as it opens and snaps shut like it does on day one, does it matter?
    It's not like you'll be selling your Airpods on (ewww), or spend hours with the case in your hand like you would a phone.

You mean aesthetically??!

As long as it opens and snaps shut like it does on day one, does it matter?
    It's not like you'll be selling your Airpods on (ewww), or spend hours with the case in your hand like you would a phone.

too true..I'm even glueing cases to my airpods case..roll on the qi version..now with my phone being wireless having to look for a cable to charge my airpods is a pain.

Anyone else having a problem with their left airpod?
    Mine doesn't recognise when its in my ear or the double tap.
    Might have to send them back but I think I'll hold tough till the launch the new ones and then send these back for replacement to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Have you tried putting it back in the case for a sec and closing the case and taking it back out straight away and giving it a few secs. This has started to happen me a lot and it’s really annoying.

How are Apple with the 2 Year EU Warranty? My right AirPod has lost most of its sound no matter how well I’ve cleaned them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

tony1980 wrote: »
    Have you tried putting it back in the case for a sec and closing the case and taking it back out straight away and giving it a few secs. This has started to happen me a lot and it’s really annoying.

How are Apple with the 2 Year EU Warranty? My right AirPod has lost most of its sound no matter how well I’ve cleaned them.

2 year EU warranty wasn’t implemented here. They are well versed in Irish Consumer law, though. Look up the Sale of Goods Act 1980 and ring them.

tony1980 wrote: »

Yep and also unpairing and repairing.
    I’ve had to start using the right one instead for making calls etc.
    Weird thing is sound still comes through once both of them are in but now that I recall I’ve had some issues wheeze the second one lost connection for a few seconds.
    I’m still in my first year with them (2nd set lost the first) so will see how long I have left.

• Advertisement

Some concrete evidence that updated AirPods are probably on the way: https://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/24/airpods-2-hey-siri-ios-12-2-beta/

There is suppprt for the “hey Siri” feature with AirPods in the latest iOS beta while current generation AirPods don’t seem to have the hardware capability to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sure that feature was shown off at apple’s iPhone XS keynote (mission impossible intro video).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sure that feature was shown off at apple’s iPhone XS keynote (mission impossible intro video).

Yeah, my wild guess is that new AirPods with the feature have been ready for a while which is why Apple had them in the video, but since they have a wireless charging case Apple is waiting for the infamous AirPower to be ready before releasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Looking at a few of the rumours today, it’s being suggested that the new AirPods won’t arrive until quite a bit later in the year, possibly September. Bit of a shame for those of us holding on to buy them!

brophs wrote: »
    Looking at a few of the rumours today, it’s being suggested that the new AirPods won’t arrive until quite a bit later in the year, possibly September. Bit of a shame for those of us holding on to buy them!

damnit..I've been holding off on sending mine back for replacement so if the new ones came out I could sell the old ones. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I’ve been holding off myself, that and everytime I actually go to buy them they’re sold out everywhere or Apple has a big lead time. I think I’ll just commit and get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Got a set of these as a gift. Suspected I wouldnt like them, but i was wrong. I quite enjoy them. Only one issue though - they are paired with my iphone. The family ipad is linked to the wifes apple id even though I use it more. I have tried pairing but no luck. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

• Advertisement

Black AirPods? That would surprise me.

Mine still going strong after 18 months.
    No reason to think about an upgrade.

Advertisement