Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build pc issue

Options
  • 23-11-2017 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi

I build up a pc recently using a q77 mother board and a 3rd gen i5 3350 16gb ram 240gb ssd and a 1tb hdd

Running Windows 10

2 x 27" monitors on a gt740 2gb

I don't do gaming but use some fairly heavy software that would stress the machine when it's all running, cpu usage would be 50-70%

2 issues I'm having is

1. bad mouse lag, logitec mouse and keyboard tried them in different port but no joy, lots of Info on Google but none of it seems to work for me doesn't always happen and no pattern when it does

2nd is when I power off the pc and when I switch it back on the next day the time is still the same as when I switch off also the bios dies not remember the fan setting so there back to bring full on,

I replaced the cmos battery but the one in it was ok

Anyone have any

Thanks

Sorry if it's the wrong place to post this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Right place.

Tell us which board, not just the chipset. Also, which PSU?

If two good batteries arent keeping the board config something is up. Any chance you've put a jumper on the clear CMOS pins instead of a different header?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Hi

I should have said that the PC is about a year old and has only started doing this in the last few days, I have added nothing or installed anything recently,

Board is  Asrock Q77M Vpro mATX Intel 1155 4xDDR3 USB3 

PSU is Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series VS650 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Power Supply Unit, UK - 650 W

Was working no issues until recently so all the jumpers should be ok, I was sure it was the battery but the new one made no difference,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Might sound silly, but is the button battery in the correct way?

Yes it seems to be,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Have you updated bios to latest version, and similarly with drivers?

• Advertisement

Bios is the latest version checked that last night, drivers I have not checked does Windows updates not handle that automatically

Saying that I think this might have started post a Windows update I usually don't let Windows automatically up date because it crashes a virtual serial port splitter program I use, but it did one during the week so maybe it did something to the bios??

Windows does a bad job on updating drivers sometimes. Go check logitech drivers etc manually.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-wireless-logitech-keyboard-and-mouse/b8234e81-fa2b-4376-9056-582caa825293?auth=1

Wireless mouse lag caused by bad positioning of receiver. Use the usb extension cable that comes with device to place receiver in more suitable position.

I use a wireless keyboard (k800), but would never use a wireless mouse - any lag is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

srsly78 wrote: »
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-wireless-logitech-keyboard-and-mouse/b8234e81-fa2b-4376-9056-582caa825293?auth=1

Wireless mouse lag caused by bad positioning of receiver. Use the usb extension cable that comes with device to place receiver in more suitable position.

I use a wireless keyboard (k800), but would never use a wireless mouse - any lag is unacceptable.
    FYI but Logitech's newest high-end mice (G403, G603, G703, G903) have no input lag whatsoever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Mmm...don't want to be the carrier of bad news, but when it comes to the lagging thing, I've seen the same on the Asrock Z77 + i5 3570k I uses as a main PC until May. I tried everything, from reinstalling the OS to replacing the RAM modules, SSD drive and whatnot to no avail - the problem was still there, and my conclusion was that the mainboard is on the way out.

I've replaced the PC with a Ryzen build since, but it's still working as a streaming device in the living room - one thing, however: is the system overclocked? Mine was (nothing spectacular, 4.0Ghz) and it used to exacerbate the problem even more. On stock values as it is now, the mouse "freezing" and lagging still occasionally occurs, but at a reduced rate.

• Advertisement

Just test with a wired mouse - if there is no input lag then you know the wireless is causing it.

Thanks for the input Guys I will try a wired mouse and see how it works,

Any input on the bios issue

Thanks
    Trevor

Advertisement