Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a business bank account in Ireland

Options
  • 23-11-2017 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

A colleague and I need to open a business bank account in Ireland.

The company is currently registered in Ireland with number, address, etc with the CRO.
    My colleague is the director but he lives abroad for most of the time, for now.

We need to set up a bank account for the company in Ireland and I will be taking care of this. So I have several questions. I take it that I will need to be a company director as well in order to perform this task. This is not a problem. What details are need from me for him to add me as a company director?

Getting to the account itself.....this is where I am a bit lost. I see info online for opening a Business "Current" account for say, AIB, or BOI or whatever. What is a business "current" account as opposed to a business "whatever" account. Are there advantages, restrictions, etc?

This company will be be basically a software company trading nationally and internationally.

If anyone is savvy with this sort of thing I would very much appreciate your feedback/advice or any info you care to impart.

Thank you very much.

Comments

Just call the bank and ask for their Business Account officer. Bank of Ireland have an excellent new online banking system

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭meforever

So also do AIB.......lots of little toys and free banking for 1st year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Outside of AIB and BOI are there any other possibilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

A 'current' account is what in the US is called a 'checking' account. AIB & BoI are the two main banks, why would you want to go elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

vote for Pedro eirbar and El Rifle,

I opened a PTSB business and personal account, I can no longer login to my business account from a mobile phone , due to their new T&C's.

I'll be moving to the new BOI system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement