Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Topaz 99c Petrol for 99 minutes - Friday 24th

• 23-11-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭

Only in selected Topaz stations around the country, and only for 99 minutes. One transaction per customer, and only up to 50 litres.

Applies to their "Miles" petrol and diesel.

Mainly Dublin though.... :(

Source.

Topaz The Ward, North Road, Dublin 11: from 9.00am to 10.39am
    Topaz Eglinton, Cabinteely, Co. Dublin: from 10.00am to 11.39am
    Topaz Citywest, Brown’s Barn, Naas Rd, Co. Dublin: from 10.00am to 11.39am
    Topaz City Avenue, Citywest, Dublin 24: from 10.00am to 11.39am
    Topaz Glenview, Tallaght, Co. Dublin: from 10.30am to 12.09pm
    Topaz Clonshaugh, Dublin 17: from 11.00am to 12.39pm
    Topaz Parkway East, Palmerstown, Dublin 17: from 11.00am to 12.39pm
    Topaz Rochestown Avenue, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin: from 11.00am to 12.39pm
    Topaz Grange Castle, Nangor Road, Clondalkin: from 2.00pm to 3.39pm
    Topaz Ballymun, Ballymun Cross, Santry, Co. Dublin: from 2.00pm to 3.39pm
    Topaz Westview, Lissenhall, Swords, Co. Dublin: from 2.30pm to 4.09pm
    Topaz Stillorgan Rd, Stillorgan Road, Co. Dublin: from 2.30pm to 4.09pm

Outside Dublin:

Topaz Shannon, Tullyvaraga, Co. Clare: from 9.30am to 11.09am
    Topaz Bantry, Newtown, Co. Cork: from 10.00am to 11.39am
    Topaz Kinnegad, Co. Meath: from 11.00am to 12.39pm
    Topaz Kilcolgan, Co. Galway: from 11.30am to 1.09pm
    Topaz Clonee, Co. Meath: from 2.30pm to 4.09pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

As usual tailbacks on the roads for long distances. Dangerous situations occur

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cylor

Mad Max - Stillorgan Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I couldn't be arsed with a deal like this. It's hard enough on a good day to get petrol by the time you queue up behind all the cars that have just parked at the pumps while the owners go in for a skinny latte or to do the weekly shop :mad:

Aaaah, that's better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

20 euro saving on 50 litres of petrol at at price of 138.9c, might take a wander down and if it's too wedged I'll leave it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

Never noticed the milesPlus - is it higher octane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

topaz in bantry ! nothing else in cork

td2008 wrote: »

Well it's a higher price with a claim that you get up to 3% more mpg. I never did the maths but I think it might work out pretty much the same if you just put more of the cheaper stuff in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

td2008 wrote: »

Same octane.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 6 CorkBhoy37

kooga wrote: »
    topaz in bantry ! nothing else in cork

All roads led to Bantry, not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Surprised Gardaaven't stopped this crap. Topaz getting fair bit of stick on FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So I would get more miles for my €10? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

wouldn't matter what price off it is i would never give that crowd a cent of my money, they employ a lot of unsavoury corrupt characters of the banana republic which i used to live in, 

biffo our mighty ex taoiseach what a slob just to name one

will be back at xmas for a few weeks and won't be buying any juice there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

They say it's the fault of the Gardaí... Likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

emeldc wrote: »
    I couldn't be arsed with a deal like this. It's hard enough on a good day to get petrol by the time you queue up behind all the cars that have just parked at the pumps while the owners go in for a skinny latte or to do the weekly shop :mad:

Aaaah, that's better.

This is me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

Went to try my luck at Citywest, queues up the road even before 10, so said fcuk it and turned back

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

ryanch09 wrote: »
    Went to try my luck at Citywest, queues up the road even before 10, so said fcuk it and turned back

Texaco in rochestown ave doing same price petrol and diesel 99c a litre since before 11 o clock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wouldn't normally bother but in Swords and fuel light just came on, in queue of about 15cars on hard shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

At one now about to fill up. What utter carnage...Gards on the road, people skipping, trucks getting blocked. Don't know how Topaz are allowed get away with and cause some much disruption. Gas craic all the same.

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    At one now about to fill up. What utter carnage...Gards on the road, people skipping, trucks getting blocked. Don't know how Topaz are allowed get away with and cause some much disruption. Gas craic all the same.

I'm old enough to remember the oil crisis in the 70's when my Dad had to queue up every other day for a gallon or two. I don't think I could be bothered with this for the sake of €18 - €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

gustafo wrote: »
    wouldn't matter what price off it is i would never give that crowd a cent of my money, they employ a lot of unsavoury corrupt characters of the banana republic which i used to live in,

biffo our mighty ex taoiseach what a slob just to name one

will be back at xmas for a few weeks and won't be buying any juice there

Then you'll be relieved to learn that Topaz has been owned for a while now by a Canadian company called Couche-Tard.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Then you'll be relieved to learn that Topaz has been owned for a while now by a Canadian company called Couche-Tard.

They're even worse!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NiceLynchi

Totally agree...Can't believe they're bringing people in danger with these pile-ups!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So was in swords today, finished my business at 2pm and went along to Topaz, queued up at 14:10, was about the 15th in queue, Store manager was directing people in, had 2 people at pumps assisting, fuel up, move to side park then go and pay, then a woman checking receipts on way out, all went really smooth, was dreading it.

Only managed to cram in 47litres thought :mad:

the one in Stillorgan had guards not letting anyone in unless there was a free spot or queue even a bit in the bus lane (so it would basically be pot luck if you got in or not). Across the road Applegreen had fuel for 98c, no nyards and a queue in the bus lane back to the junction! (only took a few minutes to get in).
    So basically Applegreen got done for a lot more.
    Scowl from the till attendant when I said "no" to "do you have a loyalty card" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Needed petrol today, saw this mentioned on indo so thought I drop by Stillorgan Road and give it a shot.... nothing ventured as they say. Came from Mt. Merrion direction, turn onto Stillorgan Road, and only about 50 yard queue, and moving along nicely, thinking this isn't too bad, nice one. Just as reached the entrance, Mr Garda waved a couple of cars ahead of me into the forecourt, then waved me on down the road...! Sh*t! What's the story, Guard!? Sorry I have to keep the bus lane clear... no amount of pleading! Well was worth a shot, except then everywhere was jammers, and I ended up crawling back to Goatstown, running on steam.... luckily made it to a normal station for my fill up at normal price. And mighty relieved I was.
    No more of that, methinks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

emeldc wrote: »
    I'm old enough to remember the oil crisis in the 70's when my Dad had to queue up every other day for a gallon or two. I don't think I could be bothered with this for the sake of €18 - €20.
    I remember that as well. Definitely couldn’t be bothered. Sitting like a muppet in a queue for a a few quid off? No thanks. There’s easier ways to save less than €20.

Needed petrol today, saw this mentioned on indo so thought I drop by Stillorgan Road and give it a shot.... nothing ventured as they say. Came from Mt. Merrion direction, turn onto Stillorgan Road, and only about 50 yard queue, and moving along nicely, thinking this isn't too bad, nice one. Just as reached the entrance, Mr Garda waved a couple of cars ahead of me into the forecourt, then waved me on down the road...! Sh*t! What's the story, Guard!? Sorry I have to keep the bus lane clear... no amount of pleading! Well was worth a shot, except then everywhere was jammers, and I ended up crawling back to Goatstown, running on steam.... luckily made it to a normal station for my fill up at normal price. And mighty relieved I was.
    No more of that, methinks....

should have done a Uey at the junction down the road and hit applegreen across the road - it was 98c and no guards fecking things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

glasso wrote: »
    should have done a Uey at the junction down the road and hit applegreen across the road - it was 98c and no guards fecking things up.

I did but was in the wrong lane for the swing left when I saw the Applegreen. Had enough at that stage. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

there's two topaz stations in Cabinteely across the road from eachother, only one was doing the offer, yet numptys were going into the one that wasn't doing the offer and giving out crap to the cashiers when they were asked for the full amount, all was advertised on the signs, and one station had a huge Q the other had none, people, eh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement