If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV recommendation (65" LED vs 55" OLED)

Options
  • 23-11-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In the market for a new TV after years without paying much attention to how the technology is advancing.

Only have a 32" now as traveled a lot so never really watched much TV. So a jump to a 55" will be a massive upgrade without even looking at a 65".

I've seen LG recommended a lot on here although i am open to any brand. Was in power city the weekend and seen a 65" on display and the size looks great. The seating distance would be about 10 foot or so away from the TV.

But i'm seeing a lot of interest in the 55" LG B7 OLED. I was on board with the 65" size but now i'm tempted by the 55" LG OLED one for £1499. 

I know it's personal preference. But for someone coming from a 32" tv that's about 8+ years old. Would it be better to put size first over quality or quality over size?

For the 65" i was looking at this one:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202510-65sj950v.aspx

But any other recommendations are welcome. In around £1499 would be the budget.

For the 55" i'm tempted by this one:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202521-oled55b7v.aspx

Any arguments to swap me either way?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Goose81

Hi,

In the market for a new TV after years without paying much attention to how the technology is advancing.

Only have a 32" now as traveled a lot so never really watched much TV. So a jump to a 55" will be a massive upgrade without even looking at a 65".

I've seen LG recommended a lot on here although i am open to any brand. Was in power city the weekend and seen a 65" on display and the size looks great. The seating distance would be about 10 foot or so away from the TV.

But i'm seeing a lot of interest in the 55" LG B7 OLED. I was on board with the 65" size but now i'm tempted by the 55" LG OLED one for £1499. 

I know it's personal preference. But for someone coming from a 32" tv that's about 8+ years old. Would it be better to put size first over quality or quality over size?

Thanks.
    Snipped by Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks.
    Snipped by Mod .
    Thanks man. I meant to say over 10 foot. It's about 15 foot from where tv would be for main seating area.

But how about an actual reply from the richersounds.ie whose forum it's supposed to be actually be. Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Goose81,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum, queries here are for RS to answer, it is not apropriate to offer your opinion or advice here, I've snipped your post accordingly.

Neamhshuntasach,

Sorry your query hasn't been answered sooner, the RS guys are fairly flat out at the moment with the run up to Black Friday with an understandable effect on the usual timescale for replying to queries here. I'd say that response times may be affected from tomorrow until after the weekend, so apologies again for that.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Neamh,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we normally respond far faster but I'm sure you will understand that this is an exceptionally busy period.

I'm sure lots of Boardies will disagree with me but personally I feel that a 65" 10 feet away may be too large - a great viewing experience ok granted but if it was me I'd opt for the LG OLED 55B7 over scale of the 6SJ950 and take the OLED quality over the size of the 65".

However, the LG 65SJ950 is a really great TV and if you are looking at that budget it would be right at the top of my 65" list, but again the 55B7 would be the one I would choose if you could settle for the smaller screen.

Once again apologies for the delay getting back to you but please note our responses over the next couple of days may be somewhat slower due to Black Friday / Cyber Monday madness :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John. And no problem about the delay. Wasn't paying attention to when this black Friday thing was. Anyways ended up being away the weekend so didn't get a chance to look at anything.

I'm leaning towards the OLED. But the wife is saying just to go for the 65" inch one as she'd prefer the bigger tv having seen a 65 and 55 side by side. We really don't watch tv all that much and OLED would probably be wasted on us give how often and what would be watched on it.

I had mentioned the LG 65SJ950 previously but also noticed the LG 65SJ850V on the site too. I compared on LG.com and i don't really see much of a difference. Actually nothing comes up as different. Obviously something given one is cheaper than the other. Do you know how they differ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

If there isn't a huge difference in the 65SJ950 and 65SJ850 i'll probably just go for the SJ850.

What would be the best price on delivery to Dublin? If it can. I only see the collect in store option on the .ie site but says delivery on .com one.

Sorry for back and forth in my posts.

If the 65SJ850 is collect only in store. 

What's the best price on 65SJ950 delivery to Dublin? I'd go for that one.

Thanks.

If there isn't a huge difference in the 65SJ950 and 65SJ850 i'll probably just go for the SJ850.

What would be the best price on delivery to Dublin? If it can. I only see the collect in store option on the .ie site but says delivery on .com one.
    Hi Neamhshuntasach,

The 65SJ850 is currently out of stock and its not available click to buy either on the .com or .ie sites at the moment unfortunately.

No problem shipping the LG 65UJ950 - stock is tight but available..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Neamhshuntasach,

The 65SJ850 is currently out of stock and its not available click to buy either on the .com or .ie sites at the moment unfortunately.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John.

Could i go for the LG 65SJ950? I'd like to pay in Sterling and have it delivered to Dublin.

Just let me know what to do to sort that out. Thanks.

Hi Neamhshuntasach,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John.

Could i go for the LG 65SJ950? I'd like to pay in Sterling and have it delivered to Dublin.

Just let me know what to do to sort that out. Thanks.
    Hi again Neamh,

you can click to buy here:

No problem paying in sterling,

As ever drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.