Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car accident -Insurance kicking their heels

Options
  • 23-11-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Long story short

Parked up , car came to close to me told them to move it . Reversed into my car , then went forward hit my car then reversed back into it again - partner in car as a witness as well. Insurance advised their customer to blame and then below happened

That’s was 13th Oct

Other persons assessor came out look at damage few days later

Put in for quote for paint work and ball bearing on back passenger side as there was no noise until after the hit 18th oct- €987 called insurance on 19th and was told the quote was to high and damage doesn’t look like it was done from the accident . Told the claims handler the car was hit 3 times , I was told €54 to buffer the car is what they will pay . I said I would call him back Monday 23rd once I talked to the repair place who give me quote. Went there and they said they felt pressured to revalue the quote down €54

Called back mon 23rd and after 20 mins of going back and fourth the insurance claim handler flipped out on call when I asked do I need a solicitatior maybe to deal with this - said “why am I even talking to u” I said would I need a solicitor. He became irate and I asked to speak with manager

23-27th oct no one take my calls , total of 27 calls made and all I got was , we will call u back

Finally I got a manager and he said he would look into it .

Called back last Friday and was told they where referring back to their customer and loss assessor as now their customer said he hit me once.

Called back today 23rd nov and was told “we will call you when we have an update .

Is this right amount of time ?? Any info can be given to speed this process up with out paying a solicitor to get involved . Car is a 05

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Have you hired an independent claims assessor?

They obviously think your version of events doesn't tally with what you are saying the repair costs are so they are not prepared to write a cheque for €1000 When they are of the opinion that the repairs will only cost €54.

How is a bearing damaged internally if there is only surface damage / scuff marks?

In the absence of any dents (you havnt mentioned panel beating costs so I can only assume there are none) then internal damage is a bit hard to swallow.

Tbh if what you have said above was presented to me to make an impartial call on id be asking serious questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

Have you hired an independent claims assessor?

They obviously think your version of events doesn't tally with what you are saying the repair costs are so they are not prepared to write a cheque for €1000 When they are of the opinion that the repairs will only cost €54.

How is a bearing damaged internally if there is only surface damage / scuff marks?

In the absence of any dents (you havnt mentioned panel beating costs so I can only assume there are none) then internal damage is a bit hard to swallow.

Tbh if what you have said above was presented to me to make an impartial call on id be asking serious questions.

Front bumper scratched
    Driver door scratched
    Back passenger lower part of door has intent size of a bag of sugar , top part of door has one size maybe if golf ball
    Back wheel arch is bent in and scraped to bits
    Back bumper where joins to wheel arch has scrapes and bent in towards wheel

Car was fitted with all new breaks and disks front to back week prior to hit , mechanic who did car advised that no bearings where needed on the day and when I brought it back after accident he heard the noise and advised the bearing gone from noise of it . No noise at all before being hit , after being it when I drove off it sounded like an airplane taking off

They said €54 to buffer out scratches when the crash repair shop said the whole side needs to be redone ? But then the assessor called them and pretty much hassled them to do a buffer instead ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

How can a car reverse in to you damage the front, the back and both sides of your vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

How can a car reverse in to you damage the front, the back and both sides of your vehicle?

And the wheel bearing dont forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MrTom1

My car parked
    Other person pulls up with arms reach of mine bother side by side
    Told him to move
    He slaps in reverse and hits my back wheel , I take he turned his wheel towards my car
    Gets pissed slaps in 1st and goes straight into front wheel
    Gets pissed again slaps in reverse hits my right passengers door , turns the car straight and proceeds to reverse scraping the whole way down the car wing mirror bet into my paint work

As I said before no noise on the wheel bearing and when I drive off from accident it’s sounds like a airplane or wheel bearing noise .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Solicitor solicitor solicitor. You can add the cost to the claim.Your car was hit 3 times!Don't let the insurance company bully you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Did you report him to guards? Someone who does that shouldn't be allowed on the roads. Have you talked to your own insurance at all, you may have to get your own assessor, that said there is no way that amount of damage could be 54 quid even ignoring the bearing issue, 4 panels with damage.

I think there may have been some confusion when you said back passenger door, most people would think that is the back left door but I think you mean all the damage is on the drivers side i.e. righthand side, but the back and front doors.

Advertisement