Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplify WiFi signal

Options
  • 23-11-2017 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi! I'm having a problem with the internet at my place. It only works properly at my flatmate's room - where the cable is located and therefore the router. Won't work in the living room or my room, which makes me believe it's a problem with the signal strength.
    Router is a tp-link TL-WR841N. We've no access to the modem as internet is provided by the landlady and it stays in her place.
    Any ideas of good devices I could use to amplify the signal etc? I thought of getting one of these Wireless Wifi Repeaters

However I do not anyone that has used something like that before/if it would work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

They do work in a pinch, if you just want it for browsing the internet and downloading etc but they aren't great for things like gaming or IP TV where ping times are essential - As you have a TP-Link router make sure you buy a TP link just best to keep all your networking equipment the same manufacturer where possible. They are easy enough to set up but remember you need to place it where the unit itself gets a reasonable signal so it can amplify the signal

Something can also do is a power plug which is wired and then pick up a cheap router from eircom or some ISP that many people have thrown around the place or you can pick up on adverts this often does better and is more reliable

Advertisement