Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd generation) compatibility

Options
  • 23-11-2017 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just wondering if the Nest thermostat is compatible with my system.

Please see the existing thermostat and controller that I have.

Has anyone upgraded to that thermostat from the one I have and if you get it from Electric Ireland and it’s not compatible do they refund you?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Hi,

I just wondering if the Nest thermostat is compatible with my system.

Please see the existing thermostat and controller that I have.

Has anyone upgraded to that thermostat from the one I have and if you get it from Electric Ireland and it’s not compatible do they refund you?

Thanks

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Should work fine with any 2 zone boiler (heating & water)

I bought myself and installed myself easily enough (I’m not an electrician)

It’s base unit wires directly to the boiler

Mine replaced a Danfoss controller though mine was different to yours and didn’t have a thermostat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Just wondering is the Nest thermostat actually worth it or is it a gimmick?

Anyone regret getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I love mine,

Instead of having the heating on 24/7 throughout winter, not the boiler only comes on to maintain a preset temperature I've selected, and is typically only on for 8-10 hours per day, so I've no doubt i'm making savings (verified by checking my 2016 vs 2017 usage data on Electric Ireland.

I was also just away for 2 weeks, and could see the temperature in my house plummeted to about 11-12 degrees while we were away. Yesterday morning as we set off on the 7-8 hour journey home, I was able to turn on the heating again to ensure we came home to a warm home.

Advertisement