Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy - suggestions & advice please

Options
  • 23-11-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I work for my in-laws, this was meant to be temporary to cover maternity leave but that person came back pregnant and I was asked to stay on. The problem is I don't like the job. My mother-in-law blames me for all mistakes whether mine or not. She flips between talking to me like a child or shouting and looking for mistakes. It's really getting me down and I don't want to work there anymore...but I worry about how this will affect family relationships.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭syntheticjunk

My advice - learn to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

If you're that unhappy, then tell her it doesn't suit you to work there anymore and give her some notice. You didn't say what job you were doing but if it's something that'll not involve too much training up of a replacement, then it shouldn't be any big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

gooner16 wrote: »
    Hi

I work for my in-laws, this was meant to be temporary to cover maternity leave but that person came back pregnant and I was asked to stay on. The problem is I don't like the job. My mother-in-law blames me for all mistakes whether mine or not. She flips between talking to me like a child or shouting and looking for mistakes. It's really getting me down and I don't want to work there anymore...but I worry about how this will affect family relationships.

It seems fairly straight forward.
    Just explain that you only took the job on a temp basis and dont want to work there full time. Work out the time (within reason) until they find a replacement.

I think it would do far more harm to your family relationships to stay in the job than to quit.

Advertisement