Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - Incorrectly referred to debt collector

Options
  • 23-11-2017 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

My service was installed on the 05/09/17 and I left within the cooling off period. I notified Eir on the 11th of Sept 2017 by email and by phone to make sure the account was terminated and the balance was zero. Since then this series of events has occurred:

1. I received an email saying the account was terminated on the 28th.

2. I received a bill with the random number of €263.80 (Oct 9th) despite not being a customer of Eir and having switched supplier within the cooling off period. 

3. I notified eir by phone that this was an error and it was agreed that the charge was to be ignored and my balance was zero. I also notified them by email.

4. The charge was debited from my account incorrectly. This pushed my account overdrawn and resulted in fees, as the account is only used for regular bills and money put in to service these bills.

5. I notified Eir by phone (and by email) that this was an incorrect charge and that this had been communicated previously by phone and by email. The customer service person advised me to contact my bank and have the DD reversed. Again, the onus was on me to fix a problem not of my making. I was never compensated for the fee and also never received a reply to the email inquiring about this. Customer service refused my requests to speak to a manager.

6. Unbelievably after this level of communication, I received another bill for €18.45 from eir (Nov 15th). I again advised them that this was incorrect by phone and by email. Customer service agreed by phone and said they would fix the problem and that I would never be billed again. I asked for my details to be removed from the system at this point both on the call in a separate email. I never received a response to the email. I cancelled the DD before another erroneous charge could be applied.

7. I got a message and email today from a company called Arvato Financial Services asking me to call them. Looked like a scam so I googled them. Turns out they are the debt collectors for eir. It also turns out that many people have had the same thing happen to them as I have. I never contacted Arvato as I do not owe them or eir anything.

Today I  called eir again. I was told they would get the debt reversed and to call back next Thursday if someone does not call me. I emailed them also to have it in writing. I am now concerned my credit rating will be impacted and have absolutely no faith in eir fixing this.

I am not sure how this could happen despite all my requests. Eir appear to be completely dysfunctional. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi,

My service was installed on the 05/09/17 and I left within the cooling off period. I notified Eir on the 11th of Sept 2017 by email and by phone to make sure the account was terminated and the balance was zero. Since then this series of events has occurred:

1. I received an email saying the account was terminated on the 28th.

2. I received a bill with the random number of €263.80 (Oct 9th) despite not being a customer of Eir and having switched supplier within the cooling off period. 

3. I notified eir by phone that this was an error and it was agreed that the charge was to be ignored and my balance was zero. I also notified them by email.

4. The charge was debited from my account incorrectly. This pushed my account overdrawn and resulted in fees, as the account is only used for regular bills and money put in to service these bills.

5. I notified Eir by phone (and by email) that this was an incorrect charge and that this had been communicated previously by phone and by email. The customer service person advised me to contact my bank and have the DD reversed. Again, the onus was on me to fix a problem not of my making. I was never compensated for the fee and also never received a reply to the email inquiring about this. Customer service refused my requests to speak to a manager.

6. Unbelievably after this level of communication, I received another bill for €18.45 from eir (Nov 15th). I again advised them that this was incorrect by phone and by email. Customer service agreed by phone and said they would fix the problem and that I would never be billed again. I asked for my details to be removed from the system at this point both on the call in a separate email. I never received a response to the email. I cancelled the DD before another erroneous charge could be applied.

7. I got a message and email today from a company called Arvato Financial Services asking me to call them. Looked like a scam so I googled them. Turns out they are the debt collectors for eir. It also turns out that many people have had the same thing happen to them as I have. I never contacted Arvato as I do not owe them or eir anything.

Today I  called eir again. I was told they would get the debt reversed and to call back next Thursday if someone does not call me. I emailed them also to have it in writing. I am now concerned my credit rating will be impacted and have absolutely no faith in eir fixing this.

I am not sure how this could happen despite all my requests. Eir appear to be completely dysfunctional. 
    Hi Steve2017,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the issues you've been experiencing. I am very sorry about all of this. Can you PM me your account number from when you were a customer with us and your full name, please?

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brchun0dpvotyk

Just an update. A letter dated the 22nd has come through the door today from Arvato requesting I pay money that I do not owe. I have never experienced anything like this with any company. 

Just an update. A letter dated the 22nd has come through the door today from Arvato requesting I pay money that I do not owe. I have never experienced anything like this with any company. 
    Hi,

I am sorry to hear this. As this letter was dated on the 22nd and you didn't get in touch with us until the 23rd about this, it was already sent before we arranged to have your details recalled from the debt collection agency.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brchun0dpvotyk

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

I am sorry to hear this. As this letter was dated on the 22nd and you didn't get in touch with us until the 23rd about this, it was already sent before we arranged to have your details recalled from the debt collection agency.

- Adam
    Hi Adam

I have been in contact with you for months. The 22nd is just the last time I called.

Also, no one called me on the Thursday to state the debt has been recalled. Can you confirm if this has happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭willbur

Hi Adam

I have been in contact with you for months. The 22nd is just the last time I called.

Also, no one called me on the Thursday to state the debt has been recalled. Can you confirm if this has happened?

Take them to the small claims court suing them for costs and for the judge to have them send a letter to
    You and the Irish credit Bureau in Clonskeagh explain that it was there mistake and to correct it on
    There system,and for Credit Bureau to confirm this in writing to you personally

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

- Adam
    Hi Adam

I understand that, however, the case was set up for you when you were speaking to an agent on the phone on 23/11/2017 so the letter was already issued by then. 

Your account was recalled from the debt collection agency on the same day that the case was set up.

- Adam

Advertisement