Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought used MacBook, how to update?

Options
  • 23-11-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

My aunt didn't like her new Macbook Air 7,2 so I've bought it from her. It's not letting me update the OS, looks like my AppleID is not the ower of record. What do I need to do to update this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

She needs to remove it from her account. I think it's possible via icloud from a web browser.
    If it's really not feasible to have her reaccess her account you can probably get an apple support human to do it. I had to get them to unlock my mbp that I bought secondhand from an ex business. I was able to get it done over the online chat because the 1 year default support was still active on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

yes, remove her account, and login your account, or your can download the update from other place, such as someone can create a macOS High Sierra Bootable USB Installer, and then you install the Mac system on your Mac. 
    If you will update to macOS High Sierra, please[font=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial] [/font][font=Open Sans, Helvetica, Arial]make a full preparation before updating to macOS High Sierra[/font]. Thus you will minimize data loss possibility.

Advertisement