Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Energy Supplier Rock/hard place

Options
  • 23-11-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice, i changed energy supplier 2 months ago or so i thought, i signed up to a company gave back details all that, then yesterday i get an email suggesting my direct debit mandate might have been a problem.

This company are really hard to deal with as their reply to emails always seem to come late at night or takes a couple days to get a question answered.

So today i get an email saying they want proof of ownership of the property and also proof that i was the bill payer on the last account, the problem seems to be that i dont own the property, the bill is in my late grandfathers name (died many years ago) the property was never changed into anyone else' name as its the family home and i pay the Electricity bill.

I asked them today if i was in contract with them and i haven't received an answer yet , i can show my bank account where i paid the bills, i just dont know what to do as a next step i need an actual energy provider and i seem to be stuck in limbo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Get a different provider, and leave this shower behind. You do not have to show them proof of ownership of property, as it's absolutely none of their business. Same for details you had with any previous provider, this has nothing to do with them.

Advertisement