Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Balcony

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ddub11

The decking is your optional extra to your balcony but to put it in you need to damage the structure. Whether by drilling into it or otherwise. Some apartments actually forbid decking works on balconies (and people just put down some sort of mat) so be glad that's not your case.

So they are saying this decking is yours and you can put it in but make sure you don't damage mystuff when you do so and use a professional that i can sue if he does damage anything.
    The decking was not optional it was here when i bought new.

But you have summed it up very well :),i just feel if they are responsible for the structure and think that gives them a say in the matter well then they should be looking after it and not me,as i said i never put it there and as far as im concerned if by touching it then it effects the structure(which is their responsibility)then they should be maintaing it and repairing it when the need arises.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ddub11 wrote: »
    Interesting you say the management co paid for it,guess this is something i will have to look into a bit more.

The management company didn't pay for mine - we took ours up ourselves. However, this year a survey was undertaken on all the balconies in the complex because I'd say a lot of people were reporting the same issue - rotten decking and in some cases water ingress. Remedial works are now being carried out on all the balconies and the "Management Company" is paying for the works to be carried out. However, at the end of the day, it's the owners who end up paying because our fees increased by about €400 this year, and they'll be going up again next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement