Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu refuses to honour it's web site offers

Options
  • 23-11-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Went in to supervalu finglas on Monday as their web site had specials on a striploin steak

Had the deal on my phone the assistant manager also had it on hers but I was refused the deal I wanted which was striploin cut by the butcher at the web price

Complained on the phone to the 1890 number an hour later at 13.30 on the Monday and no one has bothered to call me back ,disgusted but not surprised

It's not the first time

Never again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Invitation to treat. They're under no obligation to honour something online. May have been a pricing error or the deal is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

From memory not every store does every offer anyway (although Finglas is a centrally owned store so should), and errors on advertising are always admisseble. There are other Supervalu branches available if its a store specific issue.

Supervalu's central customer care is quite poor; the Twitter/Facebook is done by an outsourcer and its handled fast but when it has to go back to Musgraves it hangs around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Online sales may also be different to in store offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Invitation to treat. They're under no obligation to honour something online. May have been a pricing error or the deal is over.

If that's the case it's perfectly fine for a retailer or any type of business to knowingly lie about a product just to gain a footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

TallGlass wrote: »
    If that's the case it's perfectly fine for a retailer or any type of business to knowingly lie about a product just to gain a footfall.

If its done consistently and deliberately the CCPC will get involved

A single error in a large brochure and nothing will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ask to speak to the manager, not the assistant.

Explain how long you have been a customer how the public supported the Superquinn staff when there was a threat of the stores closing etc etc.

I have never heard of a Supervalue manager refusing to sort something for a customer, in my own experience even when I have returned stuff without receipts. Everything has been sorted satisfactorily.

I find them A1 to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,711 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jomakegrc wrote:
    Had the deal on my phone the assistant manager also had it on hers but I was refused the deal I wanted which was striploin cut by the butcher at the web price

Was the deal definitely for steaks cyt fresh by the butcher at the counter? Usually those deals are for pre-cut packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

TallGlass wrote: »

That's the Liberal/L** S******k model right there! :)

Advertisement