Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK PS4, UK game, Irish DLC?

Options
  • 23-11-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello,

I use a family member's PS4 that was bought in the UK. His account is in UK/Pounds. I made an account in Ireland, and the region is Irish (Euros for the store).

I bought Zero Dawn on Amazon UK and use it on my Irish account and works fine. I want to buy the DLC code from Amazon UK since its a little cheaper but read about DLC's being region locked.

Will a UK DLC code work on my Account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Hello,

I use a family member's PS4 that was bought in the UK. His account is in UK/Pounds. I made an account in Ireland, and the region is Irish (Euros for the store).

I bought Zero Dawn on Amazon UK and use it on my Irish account and works fine. I want to buy the DLC code from Amazon UK since its a little cheaper but read about DLC's being region locked.

Yes,if you buy a game on the UK store,you need to buy the dlc from the UK store aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hello,

You are correct that DLC is region locked, however country =/= region. So you can purchase DLC from any EU store for your game. UK DLC works on an Irish account and vice versa. I do it all the time with my main/sub accounts (when the Sterling was good towards the Euro at least).

Only country(ies) you really need to worry about is if you purchase a game from the US/Canada/Japan. Then you'd need to buy the corresponding DLC from that area.

Vouchers for PSN credit/PS+ however need to be the correct country. Irish codes will only work on Irish accounts, UK on UK, German on German and so on.

Advertisement