Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever called somebody out on an Academic Qualification?

Options
  • 23-11-2017 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Answer the Poll.

Have you ever called somebody out on an academic qualification 9 votes

Yes. Explain in post.
    0% 0 votes
    No,
    100% 9 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Answer the Poll.

I don't think you know how to make a poll

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I asked the midwife did she usually deliver takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

I'm an accountant.

Do I count?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm an electrician, I've never seen electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Answer the Poll.

Does "gobshite" count as a qualification or is it just a natural ability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I’m a fireman but I’ve never seen a potato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Listen here Pat ya big innocent fool ya. Our Big Jason will fight yer Matty down in Tuam. Also, could you send on the October opening spreadsheets, many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

That would be an ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He said he could clean carpets but I could still see the blood stains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I once called a solicitor a fckin gimp....I wasn't calling him out on his qualification though...just making a general observation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Do you like apples?
    Yeah...
    She gave me her number...how d'you like them apples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm happy to call out people who use the expression call out rather than challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

A girl I was in the first year old college with claimed she already had a business degree yet got 10-20% on simple first year assessments. She led a group project and didn't have a notion what she was doing so I called her out. She pretended to be upset and all my other classmates thought I was a bítch. I just didn't want to fail because of a lying gobshíte.

People soon saw her for what she was when she came out of multiple exams pulling papers which she had used to cheating out of her bra. She didn't pass the year because she failed accounting. No such thing as copying the correct answers in Accounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I once smugly called Dr Dre a spoofer and questioned him about his medical qualifications.

Turns out he doesn't claim to be a medical doctor at all. Instead he has a PHd in the artwork of classical Greco-Roman pottery.

Did I feel stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭corner of hells

PLL wrote: »
    A girl I was in the first year old college with claimed she already had a business degree yet got 10-20% on simple first year assessments. She led a group project and didn't have a notion what she was doing so I called her out. She pretended to be upset and all my other classmates thought I was a bítch. I just didn't want to fail because of a lying gobshíte.

People soon saw her for what she was when she came out of multiple exams pulling papers which she had used to cheating out of her bra. She didn't pass the year because she failed accounting. No such thing as copying the correct answers in Accounting.

Tell us more bout the bra part ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Colleague is claiming that he got a distance learning PHD from Harvard University in aviation, yet he doesn't show up in the Harvard directory nor does it appear that Harvard has an aviation speciality. He has taken to calling himself Captain Doctor ABC on the PA system during flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No I haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Stuffing out a bra is a worse deception than some stupid qualifications

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I asked someone on Facebook if their degree from the university of life was valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

darkdubh wrote: »
    I asked someone on Facebook if their degree from the university of life was valid.

Don't tell me, it was fake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭indioblack

Answer the Poll.

I called out a man to repair my washing machine. He did a good job - very reasonable rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

smurfjed wrote: »
    Colleague is claiming that he got a distance learning PHD from Harvard University in aviation, yet he doesn't show up in the Harvard directory nor does it appear that Harvard has an aviation speciality. He has taken to calling himself Captain Doctor ABC on the PA system during flights.

He sounds like a tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

McCrack wrote: »
    He sounds like a tool

Wouldn't fill me with confidence to have a Walter Mitty as my pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yes. I deal with employees from countries where you can pretty much buy your degree or PhD, so every so often someone crosses my path whose abilities clearly don't match what their qualifications say. Unfortunately I'm not part of the interview process, so I usually don't find out until they are already employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

A guy I know claims to have a PhD which I'm very sceptical about. He went abroad teaching English and a year and a half later alleged to have obtained a PhD in his new country of residance.

I didn't call him out but made it clear I didn't exactly believe him. He's still abroad, I found a CV of him on-line where he said he lectured in an Irish university which is false. He's the type that would lie about something like that to further himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Does someone in their very early 20s who said they had worked for a major international financial institution count? They didn't have any qualifications.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Answer the Poll.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

diomed wrote: »
    Does someone in their very early 20s who said they had worked for a major international financial institution count? They didn't have any qualifications.

Only if they claimed to have an academic qualification. You don't have to have a degree to work for any company?

Advertisement