Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatmiser Neo Hub with Google Home

• 23-11-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I've a Google home on the way - cancelled an Echo order as I felt that already owning a couple of Chromecasts constituted a prior investment. Turns out the smart thermostat system we have in our new home is a Neo Hub from Heatmiser, should have checked that prior, and this doesn't support Google Home.

Anyone any experience of setting up IFTTT with Heatmiser and Google Home?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't have Heatmiser, but I had been using Netatmo with Google Home using IFTTT until it gained native support recently.

IFTTT works well with Google Home. It seemed to be pretty much 100% reliable for me.

Any small delay that might be there due to IFTTT is sort of irrelevant when it comes to heating (unlike say lights). It doesn't really matter if it takes another 30 seconds for your boiler to come.

Of course no guarantee as it depends on how well Heatmiser have implemented IFTTT support, but at a glance, the list of commands looks very good.

I'd say with about 30 minutes of fiddling with IFTTT and Google Home (also check out the shortcuts feature) and you should have a good setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Prunty

bk wrote: »
    I don't have Heatmiser, but I had been using Netatmo with Google Home using IFTTT until it gained native support recently.

IFTTT works well with Google Home. It seemed to be pretty much 100% reliable for me.

Any small delay that might be there due to IFTTT is sort of irrelevant when it comes to heating (unlike say lights). It doesn't really matter if it takes another 30 seconds for your boiler to come.

Of course no guarantee as it depends on how well Heatmiser have implemented IFTTT support, but at a glance, the list of commands looks very good.

I'd say with about 30 minutes of fiddling with IFTTT and Google Home (also check out the shortcuts feature) and you should have a good setup.

Much appreciated, nice to get an experienced opinion. I'll report back on the process for anyone that might be in a similar boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭micks_address

Prunty wrote: »
    Much appreciated, nice to get an experienced opinion. I'll report back on the process for anyone that might be in a similar boat.

Hi how did you get on with google home integration?

Thanks,
    Mick

Advertisement