Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid/Coil question

• 23-11-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been vaping now for just under three months using a 50:50 12ml nic tobacco flavour. A couple of weeks back I was in my local B&M and tried a 80:20 juice , which I've loved going DL.

I've the Aspire Speeder coming as a Christmas present and one of the coils that comes with the tank is .16 with a recommended temp of 100-120. Would this type of coil be able to handle a 65:35 mix juice? The reason I'm asking is that I want to buy a raft of juice from vape wild and all their short fills have this ratio.

I know this is probably a stupid question but said I'd ask before spending the money. I've the Melo 3 and 4 somewhere en route from china, but wanted to try the tank that comes with the mod.

Also is a 65:35 mix decent for DL? I've loved the 80:20 mix, very easy on the chest.

Cheers,
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I'd say the juice holes are the biggest concern rather than the resistance of the coil. I'm running dual stainless steel coils that are exactly 0.16 ohms and my mixes are 50:50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

conjon wrote:
    I've the Aspire Speeder coming as a Christmas present and one of the coils that comes with the tank is .16 with a recommended temp of 100-120. Would this type of coil be able to handle a 65:35 mix juice? The reason I'm asking is that I want to buy a raft of juice from vape wild and all their short fills have this ratio.

If it's the Athos tank that's included with the Speeder then it'll handle a 65/35 juice with no problems at all. It's an excellent tank and their coils are some of the best stock coils out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Chipfox/Dr Bill, thanks very much to you both. I ended up ordering a raft of juice from the vintage vapour rooms in their 50% off sale.

Speeder arrives tomorrow, got caught in customs. In addition to customs, a tenner to an post for their admin fee. This was a Christmas present from someone.

I was on cigabuy last night and bought the crown 3 and serpent smm. That's me done tank/mod wise. Melo 3 arrived this morning and the siren is now at customs...more an post fees.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

conjon wrote:
    Chipfox/Dr Bill, thanks very much to you both. I ended up ordering a raft of juice from the vintage vapour rooms in their 50% off sale.

Nice selection of juice there, your well set for a while so .

Nice selection of juice there, your well set for a while so .

Bill, don't mind spending the money to get the set up I want. Once I have that right that's the end of the spending. Till a couple of months back I was buying 8-9 boxes of ciggies each week. The next while will be on the rta's and figuring them out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

conjon wrote: »
    Bill, don't mind spending the money to get the set up I want. Once I have that right that's the end of the spending. Till a couple of months back I was buying 8-9 boxes of ciggies each week. The next while will be on the rta's and figuring them out :)

The serpent SMM is ment to be super easy to wick compared to other RTA's and is pretty leak proof. The main thing to note is even when the tank looks empty, due to its design there is still around 1-1.5ml of juice in it.

Check out the below vid for a wicking tutorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

If it's anything like the Serpent Mini, expect it to leak like a b*tch. I'm no novice but some mods just seem to be a disaster with any sort of negative pressure. Aside from closing it upside down, there is no way to stop the flood, even with an unnecessary amount of cotton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

chipfox wrote: »
    If it's anything like the Serpent Mini, expect it to leak like a b*tch. I'm no novice but some mods just seem to be a disaster with any sort of negative pressure. Aside from closing it upside down, there is no way to stop the flood, even with an unnecessary amount of cotton.

It's just under the Serpent branding but is really a Troll deck in a RTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

chipfox wrote: »

I'm using a serpent mini everyday since around the time they came out with no leaking issues . I'm also using two SMM's everyday and after a bit of hassle with them getting air locked they seem to be fine now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

My 2 Serpent mini's always leaked at re-filling,the only way I can fill them is by doing the upside down trick but I still lose half a ml through the mouthpiece,it's the same as the Bellus,I cannot stop it from leaking at fill ups but others have no problems,using less or more cotton doesn't work for me with either tank.

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads don't put me off it before it arrives :-)

This and the Siren if it ever arrives (seems to be coming on a pigeon) are my first RTA's. I'm going to play around with these ones before I buy anymore . I've cheated for now and bought some pre made coils .

@venom: that's for those YouTube vid's. I had seen Vic's one but not the other. All reports for this tank that I've been positive.

Thanks again everyone.. I post some stupid questions at times, and there'll be alot more once I turn to making my own juice early next year...

Final question and I'll take the thread off topic, any recommendations where I can get cheap but legit 18650 batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

if you're going to vape at over 100watts, 0.16 ohm the 35/65 might be a bit rough on your throat if you chain vape to much in my experience but obviously could be no problem for you, I just find that at 0.5 and 30 watt I have settled with I need 75 vg or more or it gets rough in the throat

Advertisement