Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for Christmas cake ingredients in Dublin

Options
  • 23-11-2017 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi everyone, I'm trying to find a shop in Dublin that sells angelica and glace pineapple. Got both in the Gourmet Store in Ranelagh two years ago but Google tells me it's permanently closed. Any recommendations would be much appreciated - especially as it's Stir-Up Sunday this weekend! Thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Fallon & Byrne maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alpha2

Fallon & Byrne maybe?

Thanks! I called in yesterday and got the angelica. No glace pineapple though, so the hunt continues. Appreciate the advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

alpha2 wrote: »
    Thanks! I called in yesterday and got the angelica. No glace pineapple though, so the hunt continues. Appreciate the advice :-)

Would you consider making your own glace pineapple?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Would Asian shops have Glacé Pineapple?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is a stall in Georges Arcade that I think do it. They sell nuts and the like. Left side if you are coming from Drury street.

• Advertisement

Would you consider making your own glace pineapple?

Hmm, that hadn't occurred to me, but looked up some online advice on how to do that and it's a possibility if I don't find it to buy this week, thanks 😊

Maldesu wrote: »
    There is a stall in Georges Arcade that I think do it. They sell nuts and the like. Left side if you are coming from Drury street.

Great, I'll check that out! Haven't come across that at all so glad of the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Get Fresh in Ballyroan have it all, brilliant selection and you can buy as much or as little as you like

Unit 6, Rosemount Shopping Centre, Marian Rd, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin, 14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I know, am at a loss without the gourmet shop. But lucky for me am too busy for Christmas baking this year! Sad to see these places go though, I guess the man who ran it has retired (hopefully).

Hello again - thanks for all the recommendations. I got in touch with Get Fresh, who told me that they couldn't find a source this year. Went to the George's Street stall and they had only dried pineapple. Then by chance at Gifted at the RDS I saw a stall called Country Choice, from Nenagh, and they had a great selection of glacé fruits, including my sought-after pineapple. The guy at the stall told me that the two or three shops in Dublin that used to import it have closed down, and now Country Choice is probably the only importer of a variety of glacé fruits. They don't have a website, but he said that anyone wanting supplies can ring up and will be looked after. Hope this helps fellow searchers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement