Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunratty Santa unwelcome "optional extras"

• 24-11-2017 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

We've been to Bunratty at Christmas for several years now and have loved it, this year however I am a bit worried. One of the joys of the event was that once in the entrance fee of €27per child and about €15 per adult covered everything except the photo. Of course we needed money for food and drink and maybe souvenirs but all of the activities were included.

This year I just received an email saying that some things ie the train and snow globe were optional extras. I think that this will just spoil it, if a parent has to be paying out after the entrance fee. My kids love that train and now I'll have to be saying no, I can't afford it instead of enjoying it with them.

I just thought I'd warn all you parents who are going. The event hasn't happened yet so maybe they'll change their minds if they know it will upset their customers? I've already discussed it with my children and they suggested the Allwee Caves as a change for next year but the familiarity of Bunratty appeals to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I just thought I'd warn all you parents who are going. The event hasn't happened yet so maybe they'll change their minds if they know it will upset their customers?
    Send the main points of your post as an email to Bunratty Santa.

They'll know then at least one customer has been upset, and it might get them thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

That is very annoying. The beauty of events at Bunratty is that everything is included. It's very off putting if that has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Well nobody is forcing you to go.

Plenty of other Santa experiences on offer elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Well nobody is forcing you to go.

Plenty of other Santa experiences on offer elsewhere.

Childish and unhelpful post. Why do you bother if you haven't something helpful to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Maryannabel

Thanks for your comments, I will send an email to Bunratty about this and what I don't think Vladimir understands is that this has not happened any other year and most of us will have booked our places long ago (September in our case) so now is too late to change that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Comhra wrote: »
    Childish and unhelpful post. Why do you bother if you haven't something helpful to say.

Get over yourself. Helpful? Like what?

You either go or you don't go. This isn't rocket science.

Vote with your feet and go somewhere else. They'll get the message.

But plenty will go, get ripped off and do nothing about it except moan on the internet.

This is why businesses do this, because nobody has a tongue in their head except when it is too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Comhra wrote: »

Get over yourself. Helpful? Like what?

You either go or you don't go. This isn't rocket science.

Vote with your feet and go somewhere else. They'll get the message.

But plenty will go, get ripped off and do nothing about it except moan on the internet.

This is why businesses do this, because nobody has a tongue in their head except when it is too late.

You should really take your hostility somewhere else. Long walk maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I think the point here is that people had already paid believing the price covered what are now extras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I opened the thread expecting "Bad Santa" style shenanigans. Total disappointment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

kilburn wrote: »
    I think the point here is that people had already paid believing the price covered what are now extras.

That's exactly the OP's point. She bought the tickets before knowing that features that have always been included will now incur a charge. That should have been clear when this year's tickets went on sale. I don't go there for Santa but go on an evening ticket near Christmas and the prices for that seem to have gone up while what's included has decreased.

Their Facebook page says they've had cancellations, so maybe people are demanding their money back because of this. Could be worth the OP's while calling to complain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

*Mod Note: Guys chill out. Insulting posts won't be tolerated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bunratty is in Clare not in Limerick so closing this thread.

There has been some reported posts in this thread which I don't want to issue cards for so I think the fairest thing to do is to close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement