Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Heroditas wrote: »
    VH1 right now - 40 Greatest Christmas Songs.
    Yes I know it's bound to be on a billion more times in the next few weeks but it's a Friday night. :D
    I'm watching it now. :D

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas is playing at the moment.

jellybear wrote: »
    I may be buying some of 'The Snowman' collection of outdoor lights from The Range over the weekend....will update if I do!:D

First you have the dog I want! Now this?!? What's your actual problem Jellybear?!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

First you have the dog I want! Now this?!? What's your actual problem Jellybear?!

:D:D:D

Ah what's mine is yours BB!! :D I saw the dog one last Friday and it's taken me a week to talk my husband into getting at least one or two of them!!:D

Ah what's mine is yours BB!! :D I saw the dog one last Friday and it's taken me a week to talk my husband into getting at least one or two of them!!:D

That's my problem with getting them. I have to convince himself and he's a hard sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I am also considering getting the fox from the snowman. I showed the picture of it to my partner and they liked it too! I've never been to he range, looking forward to having a look :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,777 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

45980420_2169494016417147_8376657266383781888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=d16272e9f73504bde8f266dd53f670f9&oe=5C6C6829

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I got this today in Lidl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Afternoon, Elves !
    About to have first cup of a Christmas tea blend, it is a roiboos with cinnamon, apple and lots of spices. Hope it tastes as good as it smells !

Just going to leave this here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am I the only one who doesn't like the usual Christmas flavours /cakes etc?

Christmas cake, puddings, mince pies , trifle , cinnamon flavoured anything , almond flavoured , all off my list .. :(

I do love sprouts though :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm with you about the sprouts. As for the rest, I've only one thing to say:

RELEASE THE HOUNDS*!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    *or Santa's Little Helper

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm absolutely not jealous......

I might be a tad jealous.

Were they pricey?

I'm not jealous. I'm not jealous. I'm absolutely not jealous......

I might be a tad jealous.

Were they pricey?

€250 for the lot... I must be crazy!!!
    Fox was €80
    Hare €65
    Snowman €65
    Dog €40

New Home wrote: »
    I'm with you about the sprouts. As for the rest, I've only one thing to say:

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!

I must be The Grinch ...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Jellybear they are so cute, they are investments :)

€250 for the lot... I must be crazy!!!
    Fox was €80
    Hare €65
    Snowman €65
    Dog €40

Oh yikes! I'm really trying to rein in my spending this year.. I don't think I'll be buying them. Hopefully next year.. maybe they'll be reduced after Christmas or something.

Mam of 4 I have never had a sprout

I also got these in The Range while I was there :)

The figurines were €16.50, which I thought was great value as they're quite big!
    The gel window stickers were €3 per packet.

SarahLil wrote: »
    Mam of 4 I have never had a sprout

Perfect little balls of green goodness !

I used to torment mine here by putting at least one on their plates , even though they didn't eat them , cruel I am !

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I used to torment mine here by putting at least one on their plates , even though they didn't eat them , cruel I am !

I think my mam over cooked them thats what never appealed to me I will take you word for it that I don't know what I am missing :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh wow. They’re amazing. I think I need them. Where did you get them?

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh wow. They’re amazing. I think I need them. Where did you get them?

The Range. Ended up going to Liffey Valley and Maynooth! Maynooth have all 4 figurines were as LV only had 2.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I love them even if they're overcooked, but they have to be fried again in a sea of butter (so that the loose leaves become nice and golden and crunchy, and the centre is soft and buttery), and lashings of nutmeg (and salt to taste). Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm............

New Home wrote: »
    I love them even if they're overcooked, but they have to be fried again in a sea of butter (so that the loose leaves become nice and golden and crunchy, and the centre is soft and buttery), and lashings of nutmeg (and salt to taste). Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Must try that NH , sounds lovely (apart from the nutmeg!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up a light box in Lidl (among some other things), putting it to good use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Had a very festive weekend so far - went to see the grinch last night and Disney on ice today. Just chilling now watching Strictly

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Jellybear, they are AMAZING!!! I just showed them to my husband and he told me exactly where to go when I told him the price :D lol

Guys, I'm really struggling this last few days. I'm just DYING to put my tree and decorations up and not sure I can last much longer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love them Jellybear! They are fab! Mr CL has just refused point blank to take me to the range :(

Some nice stuff in Dealz - I got the kids little Christmas trees to hang on their bedroom doors. They are super tinsely (very retro) and I got a red NOEL light up sign for 6 quid :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    Guys, I'm really struggling this last few days. I'm just DYING to put my tree and decorations up and not sure I can last much longer. :D

Same!!! I don’t even have floors at the moment so the tree going up is bottom of the list. Well so Mrs. loughc keeps telling me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Same!!! I don’t even have floors at the moment so the tree going up is bottom of the list. Well so Mrs. loughc keeps telling me :D

Lough you got someone to do the floors? If not my cousin runs his own company doing them I can send you his number?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement