Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Put up the tree today with help from my little pudding!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ciara007 wrote: »
    Put up the tree today with help from my little pudding!

She’s adorable Ciara!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beautiful smile :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A lovely little Christmas puddin' indeed! :)

Thanks guys I am a very proud mama! Its our first year out on our own in our own apatment so its extra special this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ciara she is beautiful a little cutie enjoy your time off xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I'm getting there. Got some of those orange and cinnamon candles in Aldi and one of the boxes to put my dad's present in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

36723828_1883412401724133_8168408329563930624_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=f3172533f07b60acbfa7dc6a05d185ac&oe=5C6EFC00

Seriously considering doing a fillet steak with all the trimmings this year for myself and the hubby. My little one is a fussy eater so no doubt she will have fish fingers... Anyone ever cook anything other then turkey and ham on xmas day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning elves....Loving the pics of new decorations bought...and Christmas Tree envy to Ciara 007....The weather is so bad, it would
    be lovely to have the tree up to brighten your spirits.
    Went to The Nutcracker yesterday with The Teenager. Could.nt put our finger on it....it just did.nt do it for us. Its Disney, its Christmas,
    all the right ingredients, but it was missing magic.
    I had said in the Christmas Topper thread, that we needed something new for top of tree, and I wanted my DD to pick it out.
    Its kind of something between a fairy and an angel....beautiful detail on it. But sure it would.nt matter what she picked, it is another
    memory for Christmas. Sorry guys, I.m not great with tech stuff, cant update it to thread.
    Passed through couple of towns, and you can see the town councils have been busy, lots of lights, getting ready for switch on.
    We were coming home, and we said it would be lovely to come home to a house decorated...Must start the Christmas clean.

Anybody come accross an outside projector, projecting snowflakes....or similar.
    Have a good week all. xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Your little girl is so cute, Ciara! And the tree is lovely too!

Re the meal: I say, your house, your rules! Go with what you know you'll enjoy! :D No point in killing yourself cooking a turkey and ham if when you sit down, you think "I'd rather a steak"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Anyone ever cook anything other then turkey and ham on xmas day?

My Dad asked for Peking Duck one year, and it was muggins here who had to cook it, my Mam (very sensibly) refused. Turns out to do it properly you have to hang the duck and baste it every few hours. I had to get up at 6am on Christmas morning to brush a duck with sauce. Never again!!!!

I was at my brothers one year and we had beef. It was lovely beef, but it didn't feel terribly "Christmassy" to me. for me the beauty of the Christmas dinner is in the sandwiches later on. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I said it once, and I'll say it again: just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

And it's a no from me...

And me!

Guys help. I can't decide which Christmas shirt to get in Marks'.

There's the dancing sprouts

Flamingos and Christmas Trees

OR

The skiers.

My heart says sprouts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am loving how the forum is coming alive. I received my gluten free hamper yesterday evening and they had three surprise Christmas teas. We tried one and it was so unbelievable, Christmas in a cup. Hope the below link works, photobucket wont work here today.

https://imgur.com/a/QVdwQOU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Guys help. I can't decide which Christmas shirt to get in Marks'.

There's the dancing sprouts

Flamingos and Christmas Trees

OR

The skiers.

My heart says sprouts!

Sprouts or Skiers

Definitely sprouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Sprouts!
    You know it's the right decision

• Advertisement

The forum has spoken! Sprouts it is! :D

Jude13 wrote: »
    I am loving how the forum is coming alive. I received my gluten free hamper yesterday evening and they had three surprise Christmas teas. We tried one and it was so unbelievable, Christmas in a cup. Hope the below link works, photobucket wont work here today.

https://imgur.com/a/QVdwQOU

I love the basket!!!!

The forum has spoken! Sprouts it is! :D

Aww but I didn't get my chance to vote and I really really like................ The sprouts as well!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The sprouts one is very cool.

Someone sent this to me and I think this is how I'll be singing this song from now on.

https://twitter.com/nwalks/status/812162271220731904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Finished our present shopping at the weekend & managed to get the house clear out more or less done too, even managed to reorganise the storage area so the christmas decorations are easily gotten out in 3 weeks or so (that was my priority I must admit!!)
    Oh and my 5x 1000 piece christmas jigsaws arrived on Friday also... looking forward to getting stuck in to them!!

Called in to Avoca in Dunboyne on my way back from a meeting this morning & they had all their decorations up, some lovely 'old school' paper chains which reminded me of the crepe paper ones we used to make in school back when I were a kid... thought it was simple & effective.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Seriously considering doing a fillet steak with all the trimmings this year for myself and the hubby. My little one is a fussy eater so no doubt she will have fish fingers... Anyone ever cook anything other then turkey and ham on xmas day?

No, we normally go down the traditional route mainly because we like it.
    I know some people who'd do joints of beef/etc but they are a standard dinner to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

In light of all things Christmas, I hope it's okay to mention the Secret Santa running over in the Animals forum.... I am running it this year and entries are lower than usual so just looking to spread the word :) All info is in the link and entries have to be in by Friday :)

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057924870/1

In other news, Elf on the Shelf will be arriving in my workplace soon and I have been asked for a loan of my The Snowman lights for his arrival. Yipee :D

jellybear wrote: »
    In other news, Elf on the Shelf will be arriving in my workplace soon and I have been asked for a loan of my The Snowman lights for his arrival. Yipee :D

Please keep us updated on his antics as ours will be arriving soon too no doubt & he starts to get a bit boring a few weeks in :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Whats the accepted date for 'Elf on the shelf' to arrive? We had intended starting on Dec 1st, is that too late?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Ours is arriving on December 3rd :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement