Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

DvB wrote: »
    Whats the accepted date for 'Elf on the shelf' to arrive? We had intended starting on Dec 1st, is that too late?

Ours is arriving Dec 1st too as he will be bringing the advent calendar with him and that is the day we are going to see Santa.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Found out today there's going to be a competition in work for the best dressed desk. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChewChew wrote: »
    Found out today there's going to be a competition in work for the best dressed desk. :D

Are third party entries allowed? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loughc wrote: »
    Are third party entries allowed? :pac:

If not, we can just live vicariously through ChewChew's desktop decorating!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wrapped and sent off my first two Christmas presents this afternoon. :) If I get around to it, I'll make a start on the cards tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Bought a new 7 foot tree in Dunne's on sunday, also this from the m50 shop, its an expensive place but they have a huge range on show.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Christmas-Scene-Light-Up-LED-Vintage-Suitcase-Xmas-Nativity-Santa-Display-/322819401445

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Currently listening to listeners on BBC Radio 1 trying to convince Eddie Redmayne that he should turn on their Christmas lights. He’s going to do the countdown in a minute. :D

He’s very much up for Christmas in October btw, so there’s a chance that one of us is him. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ours is arriving Dec 1st too as he will be bringing the advent calendar with him and that is the day we are going to see Santa.

Snap! Ours brings the advent calendar too! :D As I may have posted before, I'm anti-chocolate calendars so last year, our elf, Nollaig, brought us a magnetic Christmas Tree calendar & you put a bauble on every day. Our little girl loved it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning all,
    No smallies here, so no Elf on the Shelf..LoughC....would a thread on the adventures of the Elf be a good idea. Might help others
    with ideas for the Elf season.... I.v heard of some great stories, good and bad, of the antics, one including the whole house leaving
    for work/school after the dog attacked and ate the head off the Elf ....

I was in Dunnes yesterday and a real cutie little girl was asking her mam for a teddy. The mam was using distraction, but Ms Gorgeous was having none of it. After a few minutes, she said to the mam, I.l tell Santy on you !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Snap! Ours brings the advent calendar too! :D As I may have posted before, I'm anti-chocolate calendars so last year, our elf, Nollaig, brought us a magnetic Christmas Tree calendar & you put a bauble on every day. Our little girl loved it!

We have one of those too, they are great fun. Our advent calendar this year is the LOL one

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/fashion-and-dolls/l-o-l-surprise-/l-o-l-surprise-ootd-outfit-of-the-day/p/165945

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

ciara007 wrote: »
    Seriously considering doing a fillet steak with all the trimmings this year for myself and the hubby. My little one is a fussy eater so no doubt she will have fish fingers... Anyone ever cook anything other then turkey and ham on xmas day?

We do venison steaks which are lovely - different enough to feel Christmassy but not a mountain of meat to try to eat. Other years we've had goose, duck and lamb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The chocolate orange hot chocolate with cream from Costa is to die for, my favourite Christmas drink so far this year :D

Was bitterly disappointed with the salted caramel brownie hot chocolate from Starbucks, it was all kinds of wrong and gross, wouldn't recommend at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The chocolate orange hot chocolate with cream from Costa is to die for, my favourite Christmas drink so far this year :D

Was bitterly disappointed with the salted caramel brownie hot chocolate from Starbucks, it was all kinds of wrong and gross, wouldn't recommend at all.
    I had that salted caramel brownie hot choc the other day and it wasn't very nice at all. Too much salt I think, I just didn't get anything from it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

miamee wrote: »
    I had that salted caramel brownie hot choc the other day and it wasn;t veyr nice at all. Too much salt I think, I just didn't get anything from it really.

It tasted like someone had thrown some stale popcorn into a not very nice cup of lukewarm hot chocolate. It sounded so promising, too!
    Next on my list is the blackforest gateaux hot chocolate from Costa. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Three customers since yesterday wished me a happy Christmas in work. When's too early? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Never too early to get good wishes from somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Next on my list is the blackforest gateaux hot chocolate from Costa. :D

I love black forest gateaux... not normally a fan of hot chocolate (more of a coffee drinker) but reckon I'll have to give this a try.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Neyite wrote: »
    We do venison steaks which are lovely - different enough to feel Christmassy but not a mountain of meat to try to eat. Other years we've had goose, duck and lamb.

This is a great idea also love the idea of having Duck!

I ordered a santa letter for my little one and it arrived today the packaging is beautiful! Its currently sitting on our xmas tree waiting to be opened on xmas eve.

Our Christmas cards also arrived so I cant wait to post them off. I framed one of them for our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

I ordered a santa letter for my little one and it arrived today the packaging is beautiful! Its currently sitting on our xmas tree waiting to be opened on xmas eve.

Our Christmas cards also arrived so I cant wait to post them off. I framed one of them for our house.

Would love to know where you got the santa letter please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was in Blanchardstown Centre today, a place I only do be in about once a year and have to say they made a great job with the decorations , absolutely lovely in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anybody here use An Post Address pal?
    Is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Used it a few times, works great. Saves a ton on shipping from America.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That Santa letter is gorgeous.

Love your Christmas cards too. Your dress is beautiful, such a lovely family photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I love salted caramel !Will try for myself and report back.
    (I never go to Starbucks - except at Airports if no good coffee is available)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

weetiepie wrote: »
    Would love to know where you got the santa letter please?

I got it from this place https://myletterfromsantaclaus.com/ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Loughc wrote: »

I hope it comes to Ireland or even if they bring back the Terry chocolate orange one :)

Autosport wrote: »
    I hope it comes to Ireland or even if they bring back the Terry chocolate orange one :)

We’re getting it in Ireland too. I’ll miss the chocolate orange one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Really looking forward to this and there's a Mcdonalds opening near me at last on December 12th!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

You can also get Santa letters in Penneys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement