Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The themes at the start of some of the ITV programs were different Today.(All played with a piano). It's rumoured to have happened because the John Lewis ad is out Tommorow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Baby and Crumble...Can I sneak into your luggage..are you travelling with Ryan Air...LOL.... I would so love to go to any European
    Christmas Market... OH is massively busy in Nov and Dec so not a hope. Nearest we ever got was Krakow in October.... The
    markets in the main square has small bits of Christmas ware on offer. I live in hope...... We await for your Pics on your return...
    Enjoy. XX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Baby and Crumble...Can I sneak into your luggage..are you travelling with Ryan Air...LOL...

We splashed out on priority. Be grand. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We splashed out on priority. Be grand. ;)

Good thing too cause we’re all coming with you.

All of us.

29catco.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Oh Baby & Crumble, so jealous!! I would love to get to Vienna at some stage and combined with a Christmas market that would be fab......enjoy & happy anniversary!!! I'll have to add it to my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks guys! I'm excited. Also excited because I've just realised I have 14 working days left until Christmas :eek::eek: And technically i have 4 leave days to take too before the end of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Day off today me and Mr H giving our sitting room its christmas clean and dancing around to the christmas music channel on the tv . Love days like this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thanks guys! I'm excited. Also excited because I've just realised I have 14 working days left until Christmas :eek::eek: And technically i have 4 leave days to take too before the end of the year :D

This made me check mine, have 25 left myself as i'm taking 2 half days and a day off between now & finishing up on the 21st.

TBH work has gotten so stressful in the last few weeks Christmas has taken a bit of a back seat for me so as we get closer & closer I'm feeling less festive than I have done for most of the year. I'm hoping as we inch towards December that'll all change & I'll get back in the Christmas mood though. The whole idea of getting the shopping done early was to allow ourselves to ist back & enjoy the build up, not allow work problems fill the void!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just heard Katy Perry's new Christmas song on the radio. It's not exactly an instant Christmas classic but it's a Christmas song on the radio in November!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just heard Katy Perry's new Christmas song on the radio. It's not exactly an instant Christmas classic but it's a Christmas song on the radio in November!

Half reading half playing with the boy and I read that as Pat Kenny’s new Christmas’s single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Wow ! 40 days, i feel it is really flashing by fast, this year !

46296284_2176192579080624_7978605276553019392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=e0161af0d3e9e2944af28a1f0dae9cef&oe=5C7CE4F4

46322115_2176192005747348_8196533197052313600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=e80ce055fe5c07df2096876ce0f45a4d&oe=5C79AF7B

I miss turkey and stuffing sandwiches !

Those sandwiches are available at Also and I think they are €1.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Saw my first Christmas tree :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Busy day in work and a busy day on the forum. Some great night time reading. Bliss.

Can’t believe we are into the 30’s tomorrow.

a44cog.jpg

We're into the thirties!

keep-calm-cause-39-days-till-christmas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

We're into the thirties!

keep-calm-cause-39-days-till-christmas.jpg

Well when you put it like that, I think this is a perfect weekend to start decorating!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Feeling it a bit more today... maybe it just needed the (albeit disappointing) John lewis advert to kick the season off for me :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm just going to leave this here...

500978.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Started my first bit of Christmas shopping today. Bought some presents for my nephews and niece and got some cards too. Lovely Christmassy buzz around Sligo town today. :)

Some of my Christmas presents just got delivered!

Happy Friday, Elves !
    What are your Christmassy plans for the week-end ? I mean to go to a book fair and to "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald", looking forward !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Some might say, Oasis, that I have no imagination. Last year, I got herself a wine cooler, and an electric wine opener. For this year, I've just bought a set of wine glasses.

I'm usually sporadic in choices, I didn't mean to leave a trail.

She'll only love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finished the Santa shopping on Amazon today. There were some fantastic deals online.
    Heading straight into town with the girls tomorrow first thing. Breakfast in Kilkenny on Nassau Street then bringing them around all the shops to soak up the Christmas atmosphere. Hopefully the Shelbourne is decorated and they have the train there.
    Back home and dropping them with the grandparents before we head back into town for a bite to eat before heading to the NZ match.
    Bringing the girls to the women's rugby on Sunday. Our 6yo plays so she's incredibly excited.
    Gonna be busy but can't wait!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds lovely- have a great day tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Just did a bit of shopping online. Could leave it at that now. But I know I'll end up picking up a few more bits. Getting very excited now!

I can't believe that in two weeks it will be the first of December!

• Advertisement

20pcy7t.jpg

Just had my first hot chocolate of the season and it was a Costa Caramilsed Orange and Cream hot chocolate. It was beautiful. And the cup is mega cute too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement