Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Milo with my sister's mini Christmas tree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Aaaaa...Hes wondering what his Secret Santa person has bought him........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Used Netflix for the first time....have it since last Christmas...but its my DD that uses it....
    Just watched Christmas Inheritance....full of snow, cheese (LOL), love and good wishes.. Only person I knew in it was
    Andy McDonnell of 4 Weddings and a Funeral, ........Not the best Christmas Film I ever watched, but it was grand....

Its so grey outside.......my least favourite weather...grey, wet and mild.
    Most of the Christmas lights going on over the weekend in towns and villages down south......Yipeeeee.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel Tesco didn’t consider their Irish market when selling this T-shirt.

1zoxgur.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Nice buzz around, although the Christmar lights are still not switched on.
    I finally saw "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald"

Enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one; but still prefer the Harry Potter series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

evening Elves only catching up on posts here I don't know where the week went I had my mams birthday so we were out for dinner for that, went the Ireland match the other night, got my hair cut and coloured, did some errands, got the decorations from Aldi that my mam wanted, the decorator is coming back Monday to redo the hall as we had a leak so lots of housework this weekend, we dropped into Ikea this afternoon the carpark was packed but we got in and out quick enough and got what we needed some nice Christmas bits in the place, I passed two apartments that had decorations up thats the first homes I have seen decorated

I've booked my Christmas hair appointment and my nails appointments for the rest of the year

Chilling at home this evening watching the Rugby, recording Strictly we'l watch it after the Rugby I don't think I will keep my eyes open for Xfactor tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This is such a great idea and a brilliant alternative for those who want to make a donation this Christmas but don't support the shoebox appeal. I particularly like that the children get to choose their own gifts.

https://twitter.com/LillyHiggins/status/1063820752418496512

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Just had my first hot chocolate of the season and it was a Costa Caramilsed Orange and Cream hot chocolate. It was beautiful. And the cup is mega cute too.

Sounds like a delicious combination LoughC. I love an orange addition to something. I'm a devout Insomina Hot Chocolate fanatic mind, but will give this one a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aldi are really going all out on Kevin the Carrot!
    46491508_2179314535435095_1857738836314947584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=30527fe0418b9e4436a1cdf28bef932b&oe=5C70FEED
    46381388_2179314915435057_6093619674518388736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=f021b65e783d7a763a5bf953fc15188d&oe=5C7ECA84
    46319944_2179315152101700_4887979533707247616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a479a7674769b4a041e3c1e8ca79737f&oe=5C80012F
    46400386_2179315552101660_5387986092865617920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=3954ffae68eb546fa859880ea8a7d5e5&oe=5C7668AE
    46497916_2179315982101617_7224470544781934592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=0c7625d716acdfd9b8b65dad5e00626b&oe=5CB1C8C5
    46482196_2179315828768299_273422832153657344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=ec2184693c409573463cd920e743cb01&oe=5C7D4FB3
    46390602_2179315738768308_7952518474125803520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=3d44b0345bd002ccd487c1775bfb00de&oe=5C7F1270

Dry bright day here in Dublin I don't know how many loads of washing I have done today
    Dropped by Dealz this morning stocked up on the foil cooking trays for the next few weeks and during the Christmas, stocking up as if I am not going to be in Dealz between now and Christmas :D
    Seen aftereights are on special in Supervalu not sure if its for one day or a week long special it just reminded me I do quite like an after eight after dinner Christmas Day last year I devoured the box to myself my other half asked for one I said the box is empty, I'll have to pick up more than 1 this year

Roast beef for dinner today, I got a Chocolate Fudge Yule Log from Supervalu for todays dessert, it has Merry Christmas wrote on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SarahLil wrote: »
    Roast beef for dinner today
    Me too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Phew what a weekend!
    The girls loved their trip into town yesterday and although the train and decorations aren't up in the Shelbourne yet, they got to see some of the Ireland players and were thrilled. Didn't think much of the Disney shop's Christmas decorations so we didn't bother getting one.
    The match - well, not much to be said about that that hasn't already been said!
    The guy on Bath Avenue has all the Christmas decorations out already and was standing in the garden with a bucket taking donations for one of the hospices. We'll donate in December when we're back for the Leinster Bath match.
    Brought the girls to Donnybrook for the women's match today and they had an absolute ball. Treated them to Eddie Rockets.
    Finally sitting down now to watch the Strictly results show.
    Another weekend closer to the big day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seen the Christmas Coke ad for the first time last night. The excitement! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a late Wednesday and Thursday at work function, drinking basically, so wasn't in the best of form to do Christmas dec shopping Friday. My OH had her baby shower, I just picked up a couple of things. Then I spent the afternoon realising how much stuff we have to put up.

I got the candy canes outside, nearly killed myself Christmas Vacation Style hanging the icicle lights off the car port. We also seem to have lost our coloured lights that went with our 80's style kitchen decorations.

Saturday we drove out of town to a flower/garden market/souk and bought a load of stuff and I spent the day digging and planting. I got a nice little lime tree which will be used for mojitos when the fruits appear.

We need to get stuck in to the Christmas movie/tv show list, so few days left till the big day. I have stuck come pics on the tree thread but I am sure there will be more decorations to follow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I see Posy's avatar has her Christmas on....

IT'S CHRISTMASSSSS!

I love when your avatar pops on the Santy hat then we know it's really close!

And just to keep the show us your trees thread free, Jude your pictures are great, you have so much decorations, I've very jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    And just to keep the show us your trees thread free, Jude your pictures are great, you have so much decorations, I've very jealous.

The candy canes look really cool.

Passed by Blanch on Ice this morning and it was fully lit up inside and outside. Lovely and festive on a dark, cold morning.

I’m early for work so I’m sitting here drinking a hot chocolate and planning my festive baking.

Cheers Loughc and Toto, it's been a pain. Half the stuff we have is 220v the other 110v and Im not a fan of electricity. I have some lights out the back and a kitch 80's decorated kitchen to take pics of too. I also have a mini projector to project Christmas stuff on the outside wall of the house, maybe even home alone. I used it at halloween and it went down a treat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Myself and OH went to the Belfast Christmas Market on Saturday (opening day), it was so nice. We had a quick look when it was still bright out but went away looking in some shopes for an hour or two and came back when it was dark and the lights look their best - it was very Christmassy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Jude13 wrote: »
    We also seem to have lost our coloured lights that went with our 80's style kitchen decorations.

Don't worry, you'll probably find the lights on January 5th when you put all the decorations away for another year. That's what always happens me anyway... :D

• Advertisement

^^^that's exact what will happen. We have somehow lost our crib and all its figurines. We are in no way religious but it was a lovely little thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

otnomart wrote: »
    I finally saw "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald"

Enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one; but still prefer the Harry Potter series.

I saw it on Saturday - loved it. It's a bit of a slow burner but I'm looking forward to the next one now. Was it just me or did you think it's totally not suitable for kids? The opening sequence alone was freaking me out lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Went to see The Grinch over the weekend - it was amazing! I think I preferred it to the 2000 Jim Carrey one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yay Sully is here!!

So as some of you may know myself and Lough take part in online games (specifically Werewolf) over in forum games. The mods there have agreed to post in here if any elves from here decide to sign up to a new game (next one starting next week). So if any of you would like to spend our days killing wolves and lynching people then ye should sign up (all info on how to play the game can be found in the fourm games section)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925031

Ok so this game has now started, I've had to pull out but Lough is still playing. If you want to follow his progress the game thread is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057930187

afternoon Elves I have had a mad morning, I am ready for a nap, I had a bacon sandwich for lunch followed by left over Chocolate Fudge Yule log, I've been very disciplined with treats so far this month but I needed a serious sugar hit I've a good bit to get get done this afternoon

Posy I seen the Coco Cola Ad too last night I yelped when I seen it

I was never a Grinch fan I'd like to see the current version though

Miami I would certainly say it was Christmassy in Belfast :)

Jude your Tree is gorgeous, loving the candy canes

What do you think Elves are we going to have a really cold spell this week?

SarahLil wrote: »
    What do you think Elves are we going to have a really cold spell this week?

The weather forum has downgraded it :(

Not too cold this week and apparently lots of rain and wind coming too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I saw it on Saturday - loved it. It's a bit of a slow burner but I'm looking forward to the next one now. Was it just me or did you think it's totally not suitable for kids? The opening sequence alone was freaking me out lol!
    Yes, I also think small kids would find it too scary, and can not identify nor relate to any of the characters, as they are are all adults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

I am *not* anti-Christmas. I love Christmas but I can't celebrate too early so I'm kinda Scrooge-ish until sooner to the day. If I celebrate too soon I'm afraid I'll be sick of it come Christmas week.

Anyone else get me? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

46479965_2181944448505437_6524077695108644864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=f01582e4987cfdbd5589d4228984005a&oe=5C6C0DAA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Colibri wrote: »
    I am *not* anti-Christmas. I love Christmas but I can't celebrate too early so I'm kinda Scrooge-ish until sooner to the day. If I celebrate too soon I'm afraid I'll be sick of it come Christmas week.

Anyone else get me? :P

No! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement