Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Colibri wrote: »
    I am *not* anti-Christmas. I love Christmas but I can't celebrate too early so I'm kinda Scrooge-ish until sooner to the day. If I celebrate too soon I'm afraid I'll be sick of it come Christmas week.

Anyone else get me? :P

Nope. No idea. The earlier the better for me. This year I’ve never felt an itch so badly to start decorating earlier than normal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So as of today we have surpassed 2017 total number of Post’s for the year with a month and a half still to go!

We are also 20 posts behind 2016’s total and only have 2015 to catch as we have surpassed all other prior years already.

We are on course to have our busiest year ever here in the Christmas forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Whoop Whoop for the Elves? Was 2015 the late late year? I am sure we can do it with the Chrismtas FM thread etc.

One of my OH's presents arrived yesterday, a big hamper, as it is food for the build up and including Christmas she opened it yesterday. She was happy but not mad happy. Stressing now as that was her second biggest present. Also in serious need for ideas for a 10 year old girl present. Ideas??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Jude13 wrote: »
    Also in serious need for ideas for a 10 year old girl present. Ideas??

Pennys voucher (20quid & she'll feel like a millionaire in there - my niece loves a Pennys voucher)

Harry Potter Lego/books

Got the Harry potter lego train thing already. Good idea on the vouchers though.

I just put in an order with Planet Candy, has anyone used them?

The Christmas song thread is amazing but also annoying as I dont have half the songs (damn you apple) anymore and Im too stubborn to buy them again.

• Advertisement

Whoop Whoop for the Elves? Was 2015 the late late year?

It was indeed. That thread was unbelievable craic. Scary start to the morning with no boards for a while :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

How many posts do we need to beat 2015?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Elves, is there a blip in the Christmas Countdown Thread...dont see an update for today... Is FreshPopcorn sick....???

Hi Elves, is there a blip in the Christmas Countdown Thread...dont see an update for today... Is FreshPopcorn sick....???

Boards was down earlier for maintenance so maybe he / she wasn't able to post it.

Hopefully.....I know we dont know each other...but would.nt like to think one of the Elves was off sick.....!!!
    Thought of another much regular Christmas Poster, dont recall her posting recently..... Hope everybody is doing ok.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The letters are posted.

Heard the young lad say daddy must have been bold last year, as he only got underpants. Ha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I went to visit my parents last night (a very short drive away) and spotted not one, not two but THREE houses with their outside Christmas lights on!! I couldn't see inside to see if the trees were up but I assume that they were up as well!

kitten_k wrote: »
    How many posts do we need to beat 2015?

We need 396 posts to beat 2015.

We just beat 2016 this morning :)

2i0x28i.jpg

I really want one of these. Off to Lidl for lunch today I think.

Loughc wrote: »
    We need 396 posts to beat 2015.

We just beat 2016 this morning :)

we_can_do_it.jpg

easy, surely there are at least 50 posts a day at present, I know I do 5-10. All we need is for a chance of a white Christmas, a toy show guest, or talk of a white Christmas

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

One of my OH's presents arrived yesterday, a big hamper, as it is food for the build up and including Christmas she opened it yesterday. She was happy but not mad happy. Stressing now as that was her second biggest present.

What's her main present? If it's something that you know she'll love and something solely for her rather than for the household like the hamper would seem to be then it will probably be ok.

The hamper is solely for her, it was a shot in the dark really, I can't eat anything in it all has gluten. great hamper though, had a teapot and strainer, loads of bickies etc. The main present is a bracelet. She is so hard to buy for, she keeps saying she doesn't need anything.

396 posts to beat 2015?

Easy

Peasy

• Advertisement

Lemon

Squeezy

Ha, class. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer calls up the bookie advice hotline at some crazy price per second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRIHLq7OrFg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

well we've been getting bits done on the house for the last week or so - new lino in the kitchen, shelves up, chimney breast wallpapered... gearing up for christmas in earnest! I don't like decorating the house too early though, so it'll be into december before I do.

Hopefully I'll be ok to go to Vienna for our anniversary this weekend, I'm off work with my back for the week (it's completely fecked) but I have to go for an MRI on it tomorrow so fingers crossed it's something simple i can take magic drugs for that'l mean I can get on a plane without wanting to scream.

well we've been getting bits done on the house for the last week or so - new lino in the kitchen, shelves up, chimney breast wallpapered... gearing up for christmas in earnest! I don't like decorating the house too early though, so it'll be into december before I do.

Hopefully I'll be ok to go to Vienna for our anniversary this weekend, I'm off work with my back for the week (it's completely fecked) but I have to go for an MRI on it tomorrow so fingers crossed it's something simple i can take magic drugs for that'l mean I can get on a plane without wanting to scream.

I'll cross my fingers for you. Hopefully they'll give you some really good drugs that will only make Vienna more enjoyable! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Just had a lovely mince pie 😋

We had mince pies and custard for Sunday dinner...yum yum yum

Loughc wrote: »
    2i0x28i.jpg

I really want one of these. Off to Lidl for lunch today I think.

Got the last one :)

2yxn98k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Have you seen the Christmas sandwich in Meltdown in Dublin? It's turkey, bacon, stuffing, cranberry sauce, brie, mature cheddar and mayo. The mayo is completely unnecessary!

• Advertisement

Have you seen the Christmas sandwich in Meltdown in Dublin? It's turkey, bacon, stuffing, cranberry sauce, brie, mature cheddar and mayo. The mayo is completely unnecessary!

No I haven’t and yes I’m interested :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement