Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    We need 396 posts to beat 2015.

I'll probably do that by myself:D
    Reckon I've posted more in this forum now than anywhere else on boards.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

beertons wrote: »
    The letters are posted.

Heard the young lad say daddy must have been bold last year, as he only got underpants. Ha.

That's hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hi Elves, is there a blip in the Christmas Countdown Thread...dont see an update for today... Is FreshPopcorn sick....???

I just posted in the thread now, I'm fine. I was asked to leave other posters get in first!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Jude13 wrote: »
    The hamper is solely for her, it was a shot in the dark really, I can't eat anything in it all has gluten. great hamper though, had a teapot and strainer, loads of bickies etc. The main present is a bracelet. She is so hard to buy for, she keeps saying she doesn't need anything.

Sorry, I assumed it was a generic hamper! hers sounds like it was a very thoughtful gift, and the bracelet sounds lovely too.

I've a hard-to-buy-for partner as well but I've a few ideas on things he would like or need this year thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Shop next door to my workplace had a big sale on the weekend. Christmas tunes all day, and their staff dropped mulled wine and mince pies into my job. Lovely stuff!

Christmas presents are pretty much done, just have to pick up some toys for a friend's kid. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

396 posts to beat 2015?

Easy

*cracks knuckles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Offbeat’s Christmas doughnuts are back from tomorrow. Think it’s time to give in to Christmas eating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Drool.

230753_01.jpg
    230753_02.jpg
    223683.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Not a fan of Mince pies.

Bought Christmas cards today (The mum and dad and sister and brother in law ones) Can't believe the price of them :eek: €7 each Beautiful though. Also bought Mrs Gingerbread woman to go with my Gingerbread man :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

New Home wrote: »
    223683.jpg
    Holy mother, the tartlets!! Omnomnom. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

An awful wintery evening here in Dublin, rambled to Blanchardstown shopping Centre with my mam this morning, we had a Butlers hot chocolate and people watched, she's not able to get around so it was nice to get my mam out in her wheelchair and she enjoyed looking at all the decorations
    Going to try make more trips like this morning with her into the run up to the Big Day :)
    we are both dying to try the hot chocolate you had LoughC

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Holy mother, the tartlets!! Omnomnom. :D

Heavy breathing... I got them last year. A-MAZ-ING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had a Carvery for lunch today. The choice of meat was beef, bacon or turkey.
    No prizes for guessing what I chose... :D

All of them? :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We've reorganised the living room for the tree and ordered new furniture th at we will hopefully have before the hols. So excited. Our tree goes up Saturday and I am beside myself!!! :D

Can't wait to see pics!! :D

I decorated a relatives house last night!

Oooh multiple house decorating, I like your style. :D

Posy wrote: »
    Oooh multiple house decorating, I like your style. :D

I end up helping a few people out at Christmas from redecorating to decorating for Christmas to shopping for presents, groceries, decorations, etc. I don't know why people get into such a flap over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just saw the Coke Christmas ad for the first time! Woohoo it’s officially Christmas season now :) just waiting for the Kellogg’s one now

• Advertisement

I end up helping a few people out at Christmas from redecorating to decorating for Christmas to shopping for presents, groceries, decorations, etc. I don't know why people get into such a flap over it.

I decorated a relatives house last night!

Did they know about it, or was it against their will? :pac:

I think they knew!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭optiplex780

Hi folks. My mate spent the last few months writing and animating a Christmas song.
    https://youtu.be/goDbE_sP4U8

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PMSL imagine just waking one morning to find a relative decorating your house for you. Personally I’d love it. My
    Tree is a right sod to open up the branches.

PMSL imagine just waking one morning to find a relative decorating your house for you. Personally I’d love it. My

I'd kill them for stealing all the fun! :mad: But if they were there to leave a present under the tree, I might make them a cuppa. :D

I don't mind sharing the fun.
    The fun of taking everything down from the attic, the fun of detangling the lights, the fun of packing the now-empty boxes away, the fun of hoovering up the glitter.

I am utterly selfless sometimes.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

My mum is away for a few weeks and she isn't home till the middle if next week. She's very much a put the tree up a week before kinda person so on Sunday myself and my sister are going to put her tree up :D it's going to be hilarious!!!

ChewChew wrote: »
    My mum is away for a few weeks and she isn't home till the middle if next week. She's very much a put the tree up a week before kinda person so on Sunday myself and my sister are going to put her tree up :D it's going to be hilarious!!!

Amazing. Let us know what her reaction will be!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

I've been informed that I'm putting up my mam's tree and my gran's two trees (yes two, she has a huge house). We're in the busy season in work so I'll be lucky to get one day off to try do both houses :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement