Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

A decision was made in our house last night over dinner. For the first time the tree is going up in November. I was outnumbered 3-1 due to them all wanting it up in time for the toy show... to be fair I didnt put up that much of a fight as I'm dying for the seasonal festivities to begin in earnest.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Just saw the Coke Christmas ad for the first time! Woohoo it’s officially Christmas season now :) just waiting for the Kellogg’s one now

I saw this too last night, and Santa is on the Coke bottles too! :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

ChewChew wrote: »
    My mum is away for a few weeks and she isn't home till the middle if next week. She's very much a put the tree up a week before kinda person so on Sunday myself and my sister are going to put her tree up :D it's going to be hilarious!!!

This pranking your ma has become a bit of a Christmas tradition, hasn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I've had my first Christmas fruit slice from Dunnes Stores with a cuppa I wasn't planning on cracking them open so early but needs must
    I was planning to pop to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this afternoon and realised I was getting a flat tyre and I need two new tyres too so Blanchardstown didn't happen, I'm getting the tyres Saturday hopefully

I've booked my professional oven clean in preparation for The Big Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas ham's are in Tesco!
    46507717_2184392834927265_967677426236653568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=aed98db29366fd0bddd1760ce5ca050a&oe=5C80AB27

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Watching a countdown to the best Christmas number one with a Christmas candle lighting and a glass of mulled wine! Can't wait for Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

My neighbour has their tree up!! :D

Really want to put ours up but I think himself would divorce me!! :D

Lidl are running special promotions at weekends in December!
    46492097_2184668064899742_5023123114922344448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=e76d69dab9be760e418660491526df95&oe=5C7BDF54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Christmas ham's are in Tesco!
    46507717_2184392834927265_967677426236653568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=aed98db29366fd0bddd1760ce5ca050a&oe=5C80AB27

That should have NSFW warning. I used to bring a second suit case from Oman to home and stock up on hams, one a month until I was back next. My in laws are over next week and we are hoping they have room for one. If not we will be ordering one from one of the hotels here at a crazy price.

After years of work my OH has finally broken and put on Christmas tunes at home this morning as we were getting ready, Cliff Richard for some reason, Little town of Bethlehem, mistletoe and wine, saviors day. The dog was confused, we usually dont play tunes in the morning. Im also conflicted now as I was always the Christmas mad one.

We have two days off, a 4 day weekend, at the start of December and I plan on doing more decorating then.

Hope all the elves are well.

Funnily enough havent quite managed to start listening to christmas songs yet, was tempted to yesterday after posting in the songs thread but I've always waited until December or Christmas FM has launched in previous years & suspect with Christmas FM less than a week away I'll wait for the launch!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Not long back from the weekly shop today I don't know how I meant to make dinners out of what I bought I found myself buying goodies in preparation for the Toy Show next week and over the Christmas, bought some non perishables that we will use on The Big Day, stocked up on some mixers for Gin and Tonics and Mojitos:D

Been out the back garden for an hour I got new outdoor storage and I've been organising it

Seen 2 Christmas trees up today, I'm itching to get mine up
    Going to get stuck into cleaning the house over the next few days, my tree is going up Tuesday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Kevin, Katy and Pascal purchased and in hiding for a surprise thank you gift from the reindeer! 500 piece jigsaw finally completed, broken into 24 sections, bagged up and numbered ready for the advent calendar at my parents' house!
    2bv0cz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's beautiful iguana .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Just saw the Coke Christmas ad for the first time! Woohoo it’s officially Christmas season now :) just waiting for the Kellogg’s one now

Folks I havnt been following this thread but I definitely saw the Kellogg’s ad last night...
    Not sure if anybody else has seen it. I don’t know the channel but pointed it out to my little one! I actually thought it was fairly early to be airing it!

Yeah a couple of nights ago I seen the Kellogg’s Ad, it’s a classic

The Guinness Ad makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up it’s beautiful Ad I love it takes me back to memories of myself and my grandad that’s no longer with us, I lived with him all my childhood
    I stand to attention the minute it comes on... it’s just Christmas to me

All I’m missing is the Christmas tree tonight I’m having a beer mid week eating crisps while in pjs, fire lighting, candles lighting ....the holidays are certainly coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

iguana wrote: »
    Kevin, Katy and Pascal purchased and in hiding for a surprise thank you gift from the reindeer! 500 piece jigsaw finally completed, broken into 24 sections, bagged up and numbered ready for the advent calendar at my parents' house!
    2bv0cz.png

Awwww. That's a fantastic idea and one my mother would love! Stealing from you...thank you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

jluv wrote: »
    Awwww. That's a fantastic idea and one my mother would love! Stealing from you...thank you..

Thanks. We decided to make it up first so we could divide the pieces ensuring each day is a complete section. It took a while but it's necessary because 20 random pieces would be impossible to do. But 20 connected pieces (and 25 for the last 4 days) should be very doable. Days 5-7 might be a bit boring as it's so much sky but days 22-24 will be the best as they will be Santa!

iguana wrote: »
    Thanks. We decided to make it up first so we could divide the pieces ensuring each day is a complete section. It took a while but it's necessary because 20 random pieces would be impossible to do. But 20 connected pieces (and 25 for the last 4 days) should be very doable. Days 5-7 might be a bit boring as it's so much sky but days 22-24 will be the best as they will be Santa!

That's such a brilliant idea!!!

• Advertisement

2015-1127-Happy-BlackFriday.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Love that idea iguana!!
    I started my 1st 1000 piece jigsaw last night.....I've been doing two the last few years....then frame them and they go up in my dining room.

Started a 1000 piece one myself earlier in the week, had completely underestimated the complexity though... struggling with it to be honest!

Its one of 5 in the set that I got from Amazon, had hoped to do them all by Christmas this year, have revised my expectation level to 1 a year for the next 5 years now though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Must be the year of the jigsaw lol! I've gotten Mr. CL a 1000 piece jigsaw as part of his Christmas present. I've romantic notions that we will do it together when the kids are in bed :P

I love the idea of the jigsaw for Advent, Iguana. I'll defo rob that in a few years when the kids are a bit older :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I’m totally behind with my decorating, I normally have everything apart from the trees done by now but I have nothing! Monday is going to be very busy, roll on next Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Finally had my operation yesterday after it being cancelled 3 times!! So have a few days off. My goddaughter is off school sick so we are relaxing watching Christmas movies. Have watched Nativity and are now watching A Christmas Prince (her favourite). All we are missing is a Christmas tree!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I decorated my desk today! A small tree with mini baubles and a sparkly silver star on top, and some purple and silver tinsel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

kitten_k wrote: »
    Finally had my operation yesterday after it being cancelled 3 times!! So have a few days off. My goddaughter is off school sick so we are relaxing watching Christmas movies. Have watched Nativity and are now watching A Christmas Prince (her favourite). All we are missing is a Christmas tree!

Get well soon kitten_k!

46892486_2187219377977944_163583789497319424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=e2efcc67efa5a075c5c909973d6c70a0&oe=5CB149A3

46764487_2187220077977874_8522165372483272704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=b55fced1cf706db57aa2f73a44ebb341&oe=5C73106C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I love my Christmas dinner and crisps just not together!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement