Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Does anyone know will Elf be on Sky Movies this year please?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No it doesn’t seem to be actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Elves its a grey day here in Dublin, just back from a walk, seen a Christmas tree all lit up while I was out, going to tackle some housework this morning in preparation of the tree, heading to my mams this afternoon we are going to have hot chocolate, watch a movie and get a pizza,

himself is off to the Rugby so I might try get my garland up in the kitchen and my fireplace,

Get well soon KittenK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

It is on in The Odeon cinemas on 9th and 12th December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Heading to Disneyland Paris tomorrow for 5 days with OH and our 2 (adult) kids. I’ve been finding it hard to get to get motivated this year so hopefully this will be a real kickstart. It will be in full on Christmas mode there 🎅🏻🎄🎁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This time next week and it will be December!

thanks KittenK didn't realise that about Odeon cinemas

Wow Cork Lass have a fabulous time thats sounds brilliant

I'm having an emotional week missing my late Aunt so much she was always by my side, we did a lot of Christmas things together she was like a mother to me, this will be my 3rd Christmas without her and its still very hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Sorry to hear you’re finding it hard sarahlil. This is year 9 without my Mam. It doesn’t get easier but eventually it gets easier to remember good things without sadness. Big hug.

Guess who had to cancel the trip to Vienna? :( I’m just in too much pain to deal with airports and flights. Hopefully we might get out somewhere for our anniversary but since I can’t really sit normally without pain I’m not counting on it. I’m feeling pretty sorry for myself guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I think emotions always run high at this time of the year. Sarah lil, you’ll get through it - from experience I can say try to remember the good times as that’s what will see you through. Baby and Crumble, sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel your trip. Hopefully you’ll get there next year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

kitten_k wrote: »
    It is on in The Odeon cinemas on 9th and 12th December

Thanks for that

• Advertisement

466819.jpeg

Thanks Baby and Crumble and Cork Lass

Awn Baby and Crumble hope you get to Vienna sometime soon xx Enjoy your anniversary

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    466819.jpeg

Wow. That is crazy close. Extremely exciting.

I know this year has flown in!!

B&C sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip

Guess who had to cancel the trip to Vienna? :( I’m just in too much pain to deal with airports and flights. Hopefully we might get out somewhere for our anniversary but since I can’t really sit normally without pain I’m not counting on it. I’m feeling pretty sorry for myself guys.

Ah no B&C. That’s terrible.

I really hope you feel better real soon. Have a lovely time on your anniversary no matter what you do. Remember it’s not the location that will make the day it’s the company.

And you’ll have plenty of anniversaries and trips away to come. The important thing is you look after yourself for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Feel better soon B&C. Nothing worse than back pain :( I was struggling with it over the last few months and started acupuncture. It has really helped. Might be worth considering, unless needles aren't your thing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Posted this in the YLYL thread also but thought it would give us a bit of a laugh here too. Look's like Elf's not happy with the competition :D

46523474_1962941210665614_6734107686146670592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeH67NDNu1M4fCsg0gRrHVnELOt8yakhAYNT7zkFMpHbGFKJDNBH5BRVQFK_pNQRTVYQTXCU_DHO5oaI6c4O6U1AcvbZeLWAL-eBW-wMaPjzuw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c86d38aa58ffc8b752a5af07f011b3a5&oe=5C711B6C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Only a month to go guys. Happy Last Rudolphs Day of 2018 everyone :)

Only a month to go guys. Happy Last Rudolphs Day of 2018 everyone :)

paoP.gif

It’s time for Rudolph to party!

2i7wraf.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, have a brilliant holiday, Cork Lass!! :):)

Baby and Crumble, I'm sorry to hear about Vienna. That's so disappointing. I hope you and your wife have many more opportunities to travel together.
    SarahLil wrote: »
    I'm having an emotional week missing my late Aunt so much she was always by my side, we did a lot of Christmas things together she was like a mother to me, this will be my 3rd Christmas without her and its still very hard
    Oh, Sarah. I'm sorry you're having a tough week. We're here whenever you want to talk. :(

• Advertisement

Actual footage of me this coming week.

qqsd9j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Oh would love to put the decs up, but can't until first Dec. Won't get away with any earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I think tomorrow is technically stir up Sunday...but tonight I have mixed my Christmas puddings....now maturing overnight for boiling tomorrow. Fruit for Christmas Cake is marinating to be made tomorrow too. Found a portion of turkey curry in the freezer last week when I was defrosting it.....so that's my dinner. Going to stick on my Christmas socks from Lidl the other day and watch Christmas movies all day. Made mulled wine earlier with non alcoholic red wine....needed to try it out for a pregnant friend....worked out ok, so can have that too. Might even pull out my Christmas delph and glasses tomorrow. So Rudolph Day could be very Christmassy here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

So much activity on the forum, its great!! The inbox is filling up with firms Christmas drinks invites. Its going to be a messy month. The inlaws arrive this week so its a clean up week. My OH still wont allow real christmasy movies as she believes this year we will have time to watch them over Christmas week.

Really looking forward to Christmas fm kicking off.

Got a bit of Christmas shopping done yesterday in the shops. Did a bit more Friday evening online. Tomorrow I pick the tree up. Will put it up on Friday watching the toy show I think.

Can't wait for Christmas FM to kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sorry to hear about your trip B&C. Look after yourself and hopefully you'll get there net year!

Still shook it’s going to be Christmas this day next month. Shook lads.

Starting Friday this will be me :D

65bmus.jpg

Listening to Christmas FM online now

• Advertisement
  • Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Christmas cakes out of the oven and cooling.

I know, I know, I'm late with them but if I absolutely soak them with rum for the next three weeks I'll be forgiven yus?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement