Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

That Chimney sweep thing is adorable.

Looking well Kitten_K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Does anybody know the theme for the Toy Show?
    My guess is Mary Poppins.

My girlfriend is guessing The Greatest Showman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude13 wrote: »
    That Chimney sweep thing is adorable.

Looking well Kitten_K

I wish I looked like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What time does Christmas FM start broadcasting live? Is it 1pm?
    I'm on my annual Christmas shopping day with the better half in town today so need to set an alarm to ignore her for a few minutes and hear the start of the broadcast. I'm such a romantic :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Heroditas wrote: »
    What time does Christmas FM start broadcasting live? Is it 1pm?
    I'm on my annual Christmas shopping day with the better half in town today so need to set an alarm to ignore her for a few minutes and hear the start of the broadcast. I'm such a romantic :D

One earphone each listening in in town could be very romantic Christmassy :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yes, it is 1pm. :)

I am in work so cannot listen. When it comes on can you please throw up what the first song is? (Fingers crossed for Christmas shoes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Jude13....Christmas Shoes!!!! ....BahHumBug to you...LOL....That song always crumbles me...

Mad busy and very little present shopping done. As Baby and Crumble never got to Vienna, presume we are all going to
    Bruges with Daisy78 on Saturday....
    Would.nt you hate to be on a boat or plane today with that wind. Scary out there at the moment.

Heading away this weekend with my best buddy, who LoughC named Buddy the Elf last year. A night away without
    OH.s and youngsters, so lots of catching up to do, and will get a decent period of time to do some present shopping.
    Where is the time going.....
    Saw 2 houses decked out yesterday.

Stay safe today guys. XX

Question ...which is the correct Christmas FM to download from the Playstore..I see 2 possibiilties...
    Christmas FM..with a red radio and a Santa Hat ontop of it...or Christmas FM Radio Radio Ap Ireland...??

I have very little space left on my phone..so I.m afraid to download the wrong one...thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Question ...which is the correct Christmas FM to download from the Playstore..I see 2 possibiilties...
    Christmas FM..with a red radio and a Santa Hat ontop of it...or Christmas FM Radio Radio Ap Ireland...??

I have very little space left on my phone..so I.m afraid to download the wrong one...thanks guys.

I use the red radio with a Santa Hat on it and it was only updated this morning so it's definitely the more active of the two apps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

As of today, this is now officially the busiest year for the Christmas Forum with still over a month of posting to go!

We surpassed 2015's total this morning.

thanks LoughC. Now up and running..... or shoudl I say...now up and playing....Queen...Thank God its Christmas.. I Love Queen....

thanks LoughC. Now up and running..... or shoudl I say...now up and playing....Queen...Thank God its Christmas.. I Love Queen....

oOooh I love that song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm tuned in now! Can't wait!!!!

I have an alarm set so I don't forget. You'd think I couldn't forget in the space of 20 or so minutes but I've a head like a sieve sometimes!

We are all very dedicated elves to ChristmasFM, I love it :)

Remember I need to know, not want to know, the first song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcPVB-we7g

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

A classic. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jude13 wrote: »
    Remember I need to know, not want to know, the first song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcPVB-we7g

Nope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Wait I'm confused, they just announced Fairlytale of New York as the first song? But they played Bing Crosby before that though. :confused::confused:

Wait I'm confused, they just announced Fairlytale of New York as the first song? But they played Bing Crosby before that though. :confused::confused:

Fairytale of New York was the first Listeners Choice song... but Bing's song was definitely first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Think this is the first "listeners choice" song

I saw on d Telly last evening that the White House has the Christmas Decs up.... Could anybody who is tech savy put a link up
    so we can all drool.....Plz and Thanks...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas FM is being discussed on Today with Maura and Daithí at17:15!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    As of today, this is now officially the busiest year for the Christmas Forum with still over a month of posting to go!

467089.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

Excellent stuff!
    Out of interest is it more posters participating or more posts by regulars that have increased the traffic? Or is that a stat too far!?:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Excellent stuff!
    Out of interest is it more posters participating or more posts by regulars that have increased the traffic? Or is that a stat too far!?:D

Never a stat too far for me haha.

Ah but it's really a mixture of both, alot of people are dropping in and posting then disappearing again, mostly around the time Mark from Boards gives us a mention in the newsletter.

Then of course the regulars are posting more frequently too, and there seems to be a more positive feeling around Christmas this year, which is probably more reflective in the economy and Social media in general driving more awareness of early Christmassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well done all for breaking the record!:D

On a personal note...and hopefully it's not weird to say!?! Jude13, I'm loving reading your posts every morning as I'm eating breakfast. Great Christmas cheer at 7:30am!! :D

Need to do my annual trip to Dogstrust to deliver Christmas pressies and pick up Christmas cards. Every year I buy €100 worth of treats, toys blankets etc and drop them in. Might do it this weekend :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement