Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Nope. Haha.

Really looking forward to it. We have build a great game and by we I mean Pter :pac:

I didn’t play last month and couldn’t really get into the game the month before (stupid work) but I’m defo getting into this one.

Can’t believe this time last year I hadn’t even heard of WW!!

Oh and Lough we must co mod Christmas 2019!!

Must stick it into the mod thread

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Oh and Lough we must co mod Christmas 2019!!

Must stick it into the mod thread

I’m so up for that :)

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m so up for that :)

Done! Me, you and Beaker be a great team, he is great to mod with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

keep-calm-we-re-down-to-single-digits.jpg

• Advertisement

Christmas packaging!
    48358645_2218697498163465_609558620689924096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=83c7303746cefffe20bf6f61e43850df&oe=5CAB5CC2

48355668_2218697368163478_6966912862258200576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=2ba677d1b0b3c790f1bf9757d07f61b3&oe=5C96D6FB

48361326_2218697661496782_4143770789184798720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=47a3f10c60da7fad6db6aae9c6ec90f9&oe=5CA3F9CF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thursday I left work to play in a festive golf tournament held by a legal firm here, I'm not mad on golf as I see it as an old mans game but everyone was in great spirit and wearing hats etc.

Friday we had the jingle all the way concert and it was good but not as good as last year as they played fewer classic tunes, three ships, carol of the bells etc.

Yesterday we chilled, watch Jingle all the way, and I made pork, apple, and potato stuffing as a dry run for Christmas. Its so good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

after I have caught up on missed sleep, (Deirdre) may even make a steamed date pudding.... ;) watch this space!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Does anyone kknow the name of the website that you can upload a photo of your tree before and after the pressies are there, and they add in Santa, so it looks like he's been in the house.

beertons wrote: »
    Does anyone kknow the name of the website that you can upload a photo of your tree before and after the pressies are there, and they add in Santa, so it looks like he's been in the house.

I use an IOS app called Capture Santa - Capture the magic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

beertons wrote: »

Could you explain that a bit more please? I am VERY un techy.

There is an app where you can superimpose Santa beside your tree in a picture to prove he was there

468300.jpeg

Love all your trees.. I am very low key here for many reasons.. I lost my pretty artifical tree on the move before last and anyways my wee dwelling here is too small and i have five cats...

I am , later today, putting up a couple of simple outdoor adornments. A very big star , trailing tinsel, in the huge fuchsia looking out to the crossroads. The tinsel streams and flutters in the winds...

And a wee tree on the gate post... A tall black wrought iron ornament meant to hold tealights on its branches... now has red ribbons and tinsel yarn ... and later in the week an evergreen garland.. I have lights but will see if they are feasible given my new small hooligans ...

and in here, candles and a Crib.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

468300.jpeg
    Very true! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Very true! :)

It really is. I love it Kitten K. Sums up Christmas magic perfectly.

And sums up everyone here too cause he are all magic. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Feeling very delicate today after our Ladies Christmas night
    Just had a gorgeous roast dinner made by himself

Kitten K totally agree thats exactly Christmas to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Last week in work of the year!!!! :)

Please everyone be careful on the roads etc, hate hearing stories of something bad happening to people in the last few days leading up to Christmas.

ON a lighter note- Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Having a bit of a bottle neck this week trying to get as much done before Thursday when most people leave. Next week will be very quiet in here. I may work form home in the afternoons next week.

I gifted myself a new phone over the weekend, terrible timing but my personal phone gave up completely. This one has two sims, and I can choose to turn the work one off at the weekends etc (I wish). It means I dont have to carry two phones around now. Supposedly its on the smaller end of the scale but still larger than my iphone 8 which I think is the perfect size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

A week of bedlam until thursday evening, then all bets are off. We're in work on Friday for a half day but thats mostly just to have a senior staff meeting, tidy up, clear desks, close out filing etc. & then we're out for work lunch & a few festive beverages after.... looking forward to it now, shame i've 4 days of chaos before but hey it'll just make the christmas even more enjoyable.

this day week is the best day of the year AFAIC, how fast it ended up coming in, I swear it dragged through January, then it felt like, snow, summer holidays, halloween & bang, here we are!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

How is next week Christmas Eve already?! It's flown in! :D

We had a lovely weekend - had lunch with my mam on Saturday, brought the kids to mass on Saturday evening where they brought the kids up on the altar to get the baby Jesuses out of the cribs blessed & then they had tea and cake after mass. Was a lovely community spirit & I only felt like leaving once during the priests homily :D

Then we got our real Christmas tree yesterday morning, then took the kids to Santy & had our dinner out. Was lovely.

This week will be mental busy though! We've a wedding on Friday too so all go :D Enjoy the build up, Elves! This is my favourite week of the year :D

Graces7 wrote: »
    Love all your trees.. I am very low key here for many reasons.. I lost my pretty artifical tree on the move before last and anyways my wee dwelling here is too small and i have five cats...

I am , later today, putting up a couple of simple outdoor adornments. A very big star , trailing tinsel, in the huge fuchsia looking out to the crossroads. The tinsel streams and flutters in the winds...

And a wee tree on the gate post... A tall black wrought iron ornament meant to hold tealights on its branches... now has red ribbons and tinsel yarn ... and later in the week an evergreen garland.. I have lights but will see if they are feasible given my new small hooligans ...

and in here, candles and a Crib.

well, the high wind has felled the tree but the Star is shining on.... was up to the church to do the Christmas adorning a wee bit early as the weather in wildening... Looking lovely.

The wonder of boards is the sheer variety we share...

Hand made Christmas cards next and ecards flying... so many lovely ones online

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dishing out the local Christmas cards after school. I was cryptic with some of the names on the cards, so it's like a little game for the kids. We actually have a neighbour called Merry, so I wrote merry Christmas, instead of their house number. And wrote the merry x-mas formula inside the card.

Also, the match attax advent calendar was emptied this morning. Surprised he lasted this long actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

I have been loving the build up to Christmas this year. We went to the wild lights in Dublin Zoo and we went to see santa in Causey Farm which is just magic every year. I brought my little one to have a Christmas photoshoot which turned out fabulous.

We have also started doing our 12 books of Christmas and I have really enjoyed reading her a Christmas story every night.

Today the weather was so bad so we baked Christmas cookies together. It really is about who is around your tree rather then what is under it.

48378354_10156336402617585_1131858379396874240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=4c7a966b19d58e8ac117ad20d58058c0&oe=5C9298BC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Have some scummy teenagers coming into the garden and pulling down our decorations/egging the place. Might have to end up taking them down :(.

Oh well christmas trees will be stayin up!

Have some scummy teenagers coming into the garden and pulling down our decorations/egging the place. Might have to end up taking them down :(.

Oh well christmas trees will be stayin up!

Oh no that’s awful.

:(

I was in Aldi tonight and moved something and found these!

48385149_2221130484586833_717936094565367808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=a99113b953069d524814d5e6fbde710b&oe=5C91C96F

• Advertisement

48378354_10156336402617585_1131858379396874240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=4c7a966b19d58e8ac117ad20d58058c0&oe=5C9298BC

Despite being an adult that made more excited than it ever should have!

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement