Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Have some scummy teenagers coming into the garden and pulling down our decorations/egging the place. Might have to end up taking them down :(.

Oh well christmas trees will be stayin up!

See, in my head I have the decorations up again with a side serving of concealed live electric fence wire... :mad::mad::mad: but that would really be frowned upon in real life, I suppose.... (seriously, don't do this at home!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Despite being an adult that made more excited than it ever should have!

:D

Me too :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This is so me right now

468394.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sleetandsnow have a puck about in the garden for 5 mins each evening then happen to leave the hurl by the hall door.

@cheerlouth I can smell your tree from here, it looks amazing.

I am having post anxiety, I ordered a pressie for the OH but it wont ship here so I had to used Shopandship/aramex so its out for delivery to my NY address and then will be shipped here. Fingers crossed it gets here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Have some scummy teenagers coming into the garden and pulling down our decorations/egging the place. Might have to end up taking them down :(.

That is awful. The little sh*ts!
    Jude13 wrote: »
    @cheerlouth I can smell your tree from here, it looks amazing.

Thanks, we are quite chuffed with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Seeing my nurse tomorrow for the last time til the new year. I've been seeing her for treatment since April. She mentioned over the last 8 months things like her favourite chocolate etc, in conversation. I got her her favourite chocolate and a hand care kit because the gloves have her hands wrecked.

Is it weird to give her a gift or acceptable? I've never needed such regular medical care so I've no clue and don't want to look like a weirdo tomorrow :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Seeing my nurse tomorrow for the last time til the new year. I've been seeing her for treatment since April. She mentioned over the last 8 months things like her favourite chocolate etc, in conversation. I got her her favourite chocolate and a hand care kit because the gloves have her hands wrecked.

Is it weird to give her a gift or acceptable? I've never needed such regular medical care so I've no clue and don't want to look like a weirdo tomorrow :o

I think it's very thoughtful and dowright lovely, I'd say she'll be chuffed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I think it is a lovely gesture and it would be appreciated. Best of luck with your treatment :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's a lovely gesture, not weird at all, if everyone was as kind as you the world would be a better place :)

I wish you a happy and healthy 2019 x

BTW, I like chocolates, too. Just saying. *Whistles nonchalantly*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Elves.....time is a flying... What a fierce storm last night...again !! Came home from town last Sunday and
    my OH had all the outside decorations collected from all over the place and had put them back and secured them
    with loads of thumb tacks, and fishing gut...And big blazing fire lit. . After last nights storm, all blasted again to God knows where today.
    Outside lights were in a bag, in a bag, in a bag and in a 4th bag...to protect extention plug from the weather.
    All gone....Have to try and dry out plugs and extention to see if outside sets are blown.

Loving the posts and Christmas tree pictures.....
    Mind the roads.....and enjoy the last rollercoaster ride to the 25th......This time next week....

Bought milk yesterday and it had a BBF date of 27th........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I cant remember if I posted this earlier, but I was talking to local postmaster last week, and he said only a handful
    of Christmas Cards being posted... In comparison he said the amount of online buying has gone through the roof...
    Postmen fierce busy since before the Black Sales started........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I cant remember if I posted this earlier, but I was talking to local postmaster last week, and he said only a handful
    of Christmas Cards being posted... In comparison he said the amount of online buying has gone through the roof...
    Postmen fierce busy since before the Black Sales started........

I've been surprised by how efficiently I've received all parcels so far, but it seems that the cards and letters are suffering as a result. Cards we have sent haven't arrived after more than a week.
    I posted a card to Australia 2 weeks ago; mother in law posted a parcel to Australia a few days later. The parcel has arrived, but no sign of card yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've just written my cards to post. Also wrapped the pressies & had a word with Santa about how many batteries may be required on Christmas morning :D Feeling a bit more organised. Cleaner is coming tomorrow so at least I won't have to do a big clean over the weekend. Just need to sort out my Tesco shop for the 23rd - add a few bits to it etc & we are ready to rock! :D

Thanks for the responses about the nurse gift! :D

Off to wrap that and then I'm all set to prepare for the din dins on the big day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

That's a lovely thing to do and a thoughtful gift.
    Hope you are on the road to recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We're off to Wild Lights tonight, I'm so excited!!

Have to get some succulents/ cacti for a present for my mother-in-law (I made a flowerpot in ceramics and it turned out amazing so I'm chuffed!) then that's me almost done, present-wise - still need to make my chilli jam pots that we'll give to friends with the flavoured salts my wife has made. I'm buying very few presents this year. It seems myself and my family and friends are all in the same boat- we have too much crap, we don't need anything and we'd all rather something small that has thought attached to it and can be enjoyed. Like homemade food! :P

We're off to Wild Lights tonight, I'm so excited!!

Have to get some succulents/ cacti for a present for my mother-in-law (I made a flowerpot in ceramics and it turned out amazing so I'm chuffed!) then that's me almost done, present-wise - still need to make my chilli jam pots that we'll give to friends with the flavoured salts my wife has made. I'm buying very few presents this year. It seems myself and my family and friends are all in the same boat- we have too much crap, we don't need anything and we'd all rather something small that has thought attached to it and can be enjoyed. Like homemade food! :P

They sound like awesome presents! Can't go wrong with some lovely food stuff with effort and thought behind it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I would hate to spend Christmas in the southern hemisphere

Heat/sun/daylight is not Christmas but the amazing thing is people down there would say the same thing about Snow etc not being Christmas

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I would hate to spend Christmas in the southern hemisphere

Heat/sun/daylight is not Christmas but the amazing thing is people down there would say the same thing about Snow etc not being Christmas

Same. Literally don’t think I could ever want to do Christmas anywhere but here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,857 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Same. Literally don’t think I could ever want to do Christmas anywhere but here in Ireland.

Yeah would be so different even in some European countries I'm which Xmas eve is the big day and Xmas day means little to nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Did my "Christmas luxury goods shopping run" on the way back from meetings in Belfast earlier.
    M&S and Tesco up in NI are so much cheaper for wine, party food etc.
    Filled the car boot and then we spent a good while scratching our heads seeing how we could fit a load of the stuff in the freezer. :D
    Last day of work tomorrow until the 3rd. We're also bringing the kids to Palmerstown House to see Santa tomorrow evening.
    Smothering with a cold tonight but feck it, at least I won't have it next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have thought the same in the past and don't get me wrong I want to be home for Christmas, have a pint, bag of chips, cold weather. But there is a lot to be said for Christmas in the Maldives for example. I have spent Christmas abroad, and I am lucky as they were sitting in a pool with a endless cold glasses of bubbles with friends, this year will be the first abroad with my wife.

But the last few years at home a lot of my time is spent in the car.

Although if I did not need my leave for Jude Jnr coming in January I would be on a plane tomorrow home as my OH is a home bird.

I would love to alternate it three ways, Alps in a chocolate box village and spend the day on the slopes, tropical island, and Ireland. I should really start doing the lotto.

Ms. Nurse loved the present. Said she'd been having a really bad week and I've just made her day a million times better and gave me a big hug :D didn't feel weird at all, so thanks for the push guys :)

Told ya! :)

Now, for the small matter of MY chocolates....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks it's time to come clean - I don't really like mince pies, sorry.:o

Seven Worlds will Collide

New Home wrote: »
    Told ya! :)

Now, for the small matter of MY chocolates....

Im sure there's a Tesco near ya ;)

Im sure there's a Tesco near ya ;)

As Onslow would say, "Awh, noice!". :(

So much for the Christmas spirit... :rolleyes:

:pac:

Folks it's time to come clean - I don't really like mince pies, sorry.:o

GET HIM!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

New Home wrote: »
    GET HIM!!! :mad:

Would this be a good time to say 'or Brussels sprouts'

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement