Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I love you too :P

:D:D:D

Really, though, anyone who doesn't like mince pies should be banned from this this forum, ditto for the sprouts, but at least this thread isn't named after them... And you call yourselves lovers of all things Christmas... for shame, Elves, for shame!

:pac:
    (More for meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

*leaves forum with tail between legs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is it just me or have the last 10 days flew, I cant believe its only 6 more sleeps! Its all happening too fast :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    @ Loughc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ92fFy8TTRmKrOf8gaJZ9axU70juZAyuviCE9FFhTkO7vMPOK6

Thank you!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

There's a Christmas Dinner thread in Food guys. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057932104

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

On the topic of food - just curious what's everyone's 'dream' Christmas day meal scenario?

Breakfast: Eggs Royale (I just googled 'Eggs Benedict with ham' and turns out it has a real name!), orange juice and blueberries. I bloody love blueberries.

Christmas dinner (around 2/3pm): Turkey, ham in Coke, creamy mashed potato (ALLLL the cream and butter and salt!), roast potatoes in duck fat, Brussels sprouts (fried in butter and bacon - come at my sprouts haters!!), carrot and parsnip mash and the cauliflower cheese. Maybe a little bit of stuffing and some yummy gravy. Oh, and cranberry sauce.

Desert: Christmas pudding icrecream. It's so good.

Supper: Leftover sandwiches (OBVS) with turkey, mayo, carrots & parnsip mash and a little bit of Ballymaloe relish.

GET IN MAH BELLY!!!

I feel like my dream food scenario is kinda boring now I see it written down... :o

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Can I come to yours for dinner? :pac:

Which dinner?

I'm kinda doing three Christmas dinners because I'm a greedy git. :D One on CEve, one on CDay and one on STSday. If you want the one with the Ice Cream then it would be STSday. Served with the other 3 home-made ice creams currently in my freezer. :pac:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I get one every year off Snapfish for Mr. CL. It's not a bauble, but the quality of them is really good. We love them :D
    http://https://www.snapfish.ie/photo-gifts/ornaments#!/pdpview?sku=CommerceProduct_54798

Hi CL. I ended up ordering the decorations from snapfish. I got 2 for a couple of different family members and they really really loved them. I was so pleased with them. So thanks again for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Daisy78

We're off to Wild Lights tonight, I'm so excited!! P

Wild lights is amazing!!
    I used one of those command strip type yokes to hang the wreath on the front door. Noticed this morning that the instructions said wait 24 hrs before use....

Hmm yeah well mine is still up but I’m not looking forward to taking it off come January, will probably strip all the paint off the door :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Daisy78 wrote: »
    Hmm yeah well mine is still up but I’m not looking forward to taking it off come January, will probably strip all the paint off the door :(

Yea mine has withstood the wind and rain so far....[/touch wood], luckily I was able to stick it to a glass panel but you'd be unlucky to strip paint, Just pull the pad down gently.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hi CL. I ended up ordering the decorations from snapfish. I got 2 for a couple of different family members and they really really loved them. I was so pleased with them. So thanks again for that.

Ah delighted they turned out great! I have this year's one wrapped up under the tree for Mr. CL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well that's it for work for the year... until I got an email a while ago with a looming crisis that needs to be sorted tomorrow. There goes my relaxing day in Dundrum. I'll still go but will be wandering around the shops with the phone glued to my ear.
    Dropped into the Hole in the Wall earlier to look at the decorations. It looks great but not a patch on the Gingerman which is awesome!
    Santa at Palmerstown House was brilliant. Kids had a whale of a time. Very well oiled machine that didn't disappoint. We will be back!
    The better half and I have now surveyed the goodies in the hampers I got in work during the week. Tucking into some of it now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

beertons wrote: »
    Phew. I'm not the only one. Add pudding, cake and brandy cream to that too.

I concur :D Don't like mince pies, pudding, Christmas cake, cranberry sauce, brandy butter/cream or Turkey

I love spiced beef though :D

Oh and to all the sprouts haters out there... can the mods ban them please?

New Home will go mad again - anarchy in the Christmas Forum :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I also don't like mince pies, pudding or Christmas cake.

But I do eat sprouts. :pac:

Posy wrote: »

You're obviously of the right sort!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Yes Posy!! Plus one to all to them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My poor head... Ye bunch of heathens!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heroditas wrote: »
    Well that's it for work for the year... until I got an email a while ago with a looming crisis that needs to be sorted tomorrow. There goes my relaxing day in Dundrum. I'll still go but will be wandering around the shops with the phone glued to my ear.
    Dropped into the Hole in the Wall earlier to look at the decorations. It looks great but not a patch on the Gingerman which is awesome!
    Santa at Palmerstown House was brilliant. Kids had a whale of a time. Very well oiled machine that didn't disappoint. We will be back!
    The better half and I have now surveyed the goodies in the hampers I got in work during the week. Tucking into some of it now :D

I wasn't mad on the pink lights in the Gingerman this year. Too bright or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ah the gingerman, my cousin works around the corner in Irish Rail and I would meet him there after work, sometimes on my way from the airport home. Twas great craic.

Today is most peoples last day (working week Sun - Thurs). We had a document coming in last night to proof and issue at the end of today. It still hasn't landed so it looks like heading to the pub at 6 is no go, also the weekend is in jeopardy. I am lucky as I am here for Christmas however some of my team have been on to their OH's saying they may need to change their flights home from tonight to Saturday night/Sunday morning, if they can get the flights. Not a good vibe in here.

Today is our only casual day of the year and Christmas jumpers are encourage, sadly the mood doesn't match the attire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

may yet postpone Christmas here; dratted illness! Done it before so no worries really ..

whatever, enjoy! as I am sure you will

Back to sleep, Grace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sending you good vibes, Jude! Hope work gets sorted out!

Today is my last day at work & most likely my last day posting at full speed too. We've a wedding tomorrow and then we will be in to full on Christmas mode at home.

So while I am here, I wish all of you a very Happy Christmas :D Thank you all for the company throughout the year xxx

Graces7 wrote: »
    may yet postpone Christmas here; dratted illness! Done it before so no worries really ..

whatever, enjoy! as I am sure you will

Back to sleep, Grace!

A speedy recovery Graces7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Today is my last day at work & most likely my last day posting at full speed too. We've a wedding tomorrow and then we will be in to full on Christmas mode at home.

So while I am here, I wish all of you a very Happy Christmas :D Thank you all for the company throughout the year xxx

A wedding on the 21st of December? I'd murder any of my family that dared to do something like that. Way too much stress!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My mother sent in a bag of stuff for us to make her a tirmasu for Tuesday's dessert. I had a look in the bag the other night, and there was a big bottle of captain Morgan's. The recipe only needed a dribble. I finished it areir, better replace that on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A wedding on the 21st of December? I'd murder any of my family that dared to do something like that. Way too much stress!

I had a cousin's wedding that day last year. Was actually lovely but I do agree, it's a very busy time of year!

Last day at work for me too. :)

Although we’re so busy lord knows what time I’ll be able to get away at.

The happiest of Christmas to you too CheerLouth and a wonderful healthy 2019.

We want you back here as soon as!! Love reading your posts throughout the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭DvB

A friend got married on Dec 27th a couple of years ago. Whilst it was a nice day I felt too may attending were kind of partied out/stuffed after the preceding few days & a lot of folk drifted off early. Had it even been a few days later it would have been an entirely different affair altogether given the people there, had always wondered what a christmas wedding would be like & that one taste of one so close to christmas put me right off. Not thta I plan on doing it again mind :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ok, chilli jam (ended up more like a dipping sauce, no idea why!) made and jarred up, flavoured salts made and jarred up (bacon/vanilla/chilli lime flavors) and heading to new homes today and the next few days. Last day of work for me and I haven't a feckin' BREEZE of doing work :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement