Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy St Stephen's Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Merry Christmas all. This yr we didn't do presents because Dad is nearing retirement and needs to save his money. He's always overly generous on Christmas day and for the last few years we have been telling him to buy us nothing yet every Christmas morning when we would drive home, it was like we were 8 again.

This year there was nothing under the tree.

I know this is terrible cheesy, but it was the best Christmas ever!

I didn't realise it until this evening, when I was thinking to myself that this was the best Christmas ever and also wondering why it was, that it hit me - instead of everyone looking forward to what gifts they would get and from who, we all were looking forward to just seeing each other, having the dinner, sitting in front of the TV, chatting about our childhood and dad telling us about stuff we were too young to remember.

I would seriously recommend doing no presents one year to others - I've never felt the magic of Christmas as much since I was a believer.

My family and friends decided on this years ago... gave the money to the work we do with the really needy and as you say, it brought great peace. or small gifts that help and cheer ... love the kindness gifts that came here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2n22qg.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Time for Christmas dinner round 2 :D

Loughc wrote: »
    Time for Christmas dinner round 2 :D

I ceded defeat! Three plated turkey ready meals in the freezer and one cool for tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Back to the in-laws in a while to make another dent in the turkey and ham.
    We've had a lovely day so far letting the kids open all the toys and play with them. Onyl problem is the bloody hundreds of stickers that come with Sylvanian Families and the two of us resembled Bridget and Eamon in their Christmas sketch when we were assembling the Barbie house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭kitten_k

468887.jpeg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My Polish neighbours invited us down for leftovers. There's beetroot soup and dumplings, I can't remember what else to expect. It's been years since I've been at a Polish feast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I remember being in Poland and they were mad about their cheeses and different types of bread!

Posy wrote: »
    I remember being in Poland and they were mad about their cheeses and different types of bread!

I like cheese.....

I like bread.....

• Advertisement

Well the trip to London to see Strictly Come Dancing went down well with my goddaughter- all she kept say is ‘you are prancking me!’ - ‘are you really not pranking me!’

kitten_k wrote: »
    Well the trip to London to see Strictly Come Dancing went down well with my goddaughter- all she kept say is ‘you are prancking me!’ - ‘are you really not pranking me!’

Brilliant!!! That’s Christmas magic right there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

beertons wrote: »
    My Polish neighbours invited us down for leftovers. There's beetroot soup and dumplings, I can't remember what else to expect. It's been years since I've been at a Polish feast.

Do they do a lot of pork & fish too? Or am I confusing that with another country. My brother has done Estonian & Finnish Christmas stuff with me so perhaps my lines have wobbled a bit :pac::D

I thought fish was more of a Scandinavian/Baltic thing, but who knows?!
    kitten_k wrote: »
    That's lovely! :)

Do they sell tickets for it already, or is it like a special or something?

Ah lads I’m bet.

We’ve been playing that board game 30 seconds. It’s so much fun. Everyone can play it. Everyone from my youngest nephew to my mam ere all playing it tonight it’s hilarious and everyone gets so competitive.

Sweating buckets after it. Hopefully that’s some of the Turkey worked off tho.

I thought fish was more of a Scandinavian/Baltic thing, but who knows?!

That's lovely! :)

Do they sell tickets for it already, or is it like a special or something?

It’s for the live tour, tickets went on sale in September!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There was dumplings filled with potato. And a crepe filled with cabbage and wild mushrooms. Beautiful. I was sent on my way with a plate of cheesecake, didn't really tickle my tummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ah lads I’m bet.

We’ve been playing that board game 30 seconds. It’s so much fun. Everyone can play it. Everyone from my youngest nephew to my mam ere all playing it tonight it’s hilarious and everyone gets so competitive.

Sweating buckets after it. Hopefully that’s some of the Turkey worked off tho.

We got it as a present for my father in law this year. Only a matter of time before we end up playing it over Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

My suit pants are seriously tight this morning. I ordered a turkey for six, we had four adults and two tiny kids, I was thinking leftovers for sambos etc, hence the order for six. I didn't factor in a cold cut starter, pigs in blankets and a 3kg ham. Sure we have three more Christmas dinners left in the fridge. Im eating as much as I can but there is only so much one man can do.

The new christmas shoes is the 'do it all over again' didiley eye song, it was never off Christmas fm. Horrendous tune.

Hope all is well. I am looking at holidays for the next year most of this morning, zero money for any of these holidays but sure its nice to look.

Hello takeaway Thursday.

It’s a thing this week ok :P

• Advertisement

Just finished the turkey ...delicious plated meal... the cats lined up and watched every last mouthful ;)

Hello takeaway Thursday.

It’s a thing this week ok :P
    It's turkey curry day for me today. Takeaway Friday will be tomorrow though. :D

It's turkey curry day for me today. Takeaway Friday will be tomorrow though. :D

It’s chicken curry today for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Chicken curry here too. All the turkey is gone! First for us haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I meant to post these sooner!
    49158358_2235696413130240_3919051911210205184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=ec18dc32fac03c61e621025c1d257013&oe=5C993C4D
    49375913_2235696519796896_7410523039076450304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=1fa119d682b38c0f03263d73adf4001b&oe=5CA1273E
    48424249_2235696589796889_2299177658056966144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=c2e9459f2d336645b290bfb5537e9238&oe=5C955DCE
    48423250_2235696729796875_8564792768277250048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=95039eaa593295b8f31d0669b6e54389&oe=5C8CEA9E
    49211227_2235697289796819_574127365290983424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=2fe3b25601358eacf2fc0010dee54538&oe=5CD96627
    48966389_2235697549796793_1860415391214338048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=3ff3259c89e3f9d4960fc5792b7afdc8&oe=5C9ADA22

Oh lovely! :)

Oh they look lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Freshpopcorn...were you selling them at a food fair !! If not, you should have...looked good enough to sell.....

Have really enjoyed the last few days. We live in a very fast moving household....and it was just great to chill a bit....
    Weather rubbish...lot of fog and grey skies... still got out for walks with our 2 fur babies....

Will miss Christmas FM, it was my first year listening to it on the phone app.... I gave a donation last evening.

Have.nt been near the sales yet, but I know it.l be hard to resist the Christmas decorations on sale......

The ChristmasFM app still has live djs until Dec 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Tweeted the good folks at Christmas FM earlier. Chicken Jalfrezi for me today was lovely. It will be Sunday when I get the chance to hit the sales in Dublin. Might head to the local tomorrow evening to watch some of the darts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement