Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Reading the Takeaway Thursday posts here, I was inspired. I called in an Apache pizza. I got sausage, pepperoni, pineapple and black olive. It's either the hangover talking or I've found the perfect topping combination!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Reading the Takeaway Thursday posts here, I was inspired. I called in an Apache pizza. I got sausage, pepperoni, pineapple and black olive. It's either the hangover talking or I've found the perfect topping combination!

You had me until Black olive. Yuck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Loughc wrote: »
    The ChristmasFM app still has live djs until Dec 31st.

I had to download it tonight for an absolutely devastated S. "There are 12 days of Christmas, why would they stop on day 3?":(:(:(:( I had to explain they haven't stopped they just can't broadcast to the car radio anymore. So we got home, downloaded the app and had a Christmas dance off before bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,781 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Freshpopcorn...were you selling them at a food fair !! If not, you should have...looked good enough to sell.....

Cakes aren't sold. One is a present one might be and the rest are eaten!

iguana wrote: »
    I had to download it tonight for an absolutely devastated S. "There are 12 days of Christmas, why would they stop on day 3?":(:(:(:( I had to explain they haven't stopped they just can't broadcast to the car radio anymore. So we got home, downloaded the app and had a Christmas dance off before bed.

I was in the car as they stopped. Was awful. Fairytale of New York, the Christmas FM jingle and then just silence. Awful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    So we got home, downloaded the app and had a Christmas dance off before bed.

That is adorable!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Has been a peaceful and relaxed time for me for the first time since I can remember. No great hype; no flat feeling after. Peaceful and right.

Island life has a lot to recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Tried the takeaway Thursday thing too, by popping into Boojum after some drinks. Got them to give me the naga chilli sauce stuff, which tasted lovely.
    But I forgot I haven't eaten properly spicy food for about 8 months, so I've spent the night in an absolute heap with my stomach :pac:

Up and about now, I feel it's now acceptable to go shopping, so I'm off up to Newry for the day :D

Back to work tomorrow, time flew by!

I heard a Christmas song on the radio today. It’s a Christmas miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Black olives? I stopped when I saw pineapple mentioned!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I heard a Christmas song on the radio today. It’s a Christmas miracle.
    Me too!

I heard A Winter's Tale on the radio this afternoon. That counts. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Did a couple of hours of ironing today....There was.nt a sock or pair of jocks in anybodys drawer..... did it whilst listening to
    ChristmasFm on the app....Definately made a dreary job much more enjoyable....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Same. I'm having pizza tomorrow. Christmas FM and the Temple Street Foundation liked my tweet. yay!!!

Did my first post turkey run. It went much better than expected!!

Did my first post turkey run. It went much better than expected!!

I haven't run since the start of the month. Absolutely dreading my first run on Thursday in the Phoenix Park when I'm back in work. Vom!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Finally all my family are getting together for Christmas tomorrow. With us all having kids and staying in our own houses on Christmas Day the 30th is the first day we all free.
    Looking forward to it :)

Heroditas wrote: »
    I haven't run since the start of the month. Absolutely dreading my first run on Thursday in the Phoenix Park when I'm back in work. Vom!!

I’m dreading trying to move tomorrow morning. My last run was about 5 or 6 weeks ago at this stage. I’m gonna be stiff as a board!

Finally all my family are getting together for Christmas tomorrow. With us all having kids and staying in our own houses on Christmas Day the 30th is the first day we all free.
    Looking forward to it :)

Enjoy it. Nothing better than gathering together at Christmas :)

I've being looking at a few news reviews of the year both local and national and the year really flew.
    From the storms to the referendum to the heat wave to the presidential election. The year really flew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have my first run this evening. Playing golf in the afternoon with work. I am not looking forward to the run, there is no way I am going to step on a scales this week. I have put on some serious timber over the break. Bit of a strep throat at the moment too.

Just found out that we have to be out of the office at lunch tomorrow as the roads around the building close for NYE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Another quiet day today.... small wind, mild air, films on youtube, woolwork...Bliss

Graces7 wrote: »
    Another quiet day today.... small wind, mild air, films on youtube, woolwork...Bliss

where do you live??? sounds lovely

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    where do you live??? sounds lovely

I think grace lives on an island!

I think grace lives on an island!

Don’t we all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

You.r deadly LoughC..... Grace has often mentioned..offshore Island off Mayo....

Went for lovely meal last night with 2 friends down from the Big Smoke...LOL.....Had 2 glasses of wine over a 3.5 hour period...Changed to
    sparkling water at 9 pm...Taxi home at 12... The zero tolerance with the drink driving would have you nervous..... I had to drive car at 11 am this morning...
    I know I was fine...but you.d still be nervous... Heard from a woman whose son is training in Templemore that all the cadets were
    drafted into various stations over Christmas...a cadet was matched with a garda...enabling them to have a very strong presence on
    the roads... Sad to hear of some casualties on the road today.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have been lucky as my OH is pregnant so I have a designated driver, although I do miss my partner in crime on nights out. Won't be long till shes back again.

I felt too ill yesterday to play golf but picked up in the evening and went for a 6.66km (not intentionally that distance) jog. My pace was way off and my jiggling was pronounced. I also got a blister in shoes I have had for yonks so it may be the extra weight or my feet have gone soft.

Have dinner booked at 7.30pm tonight and then home after new years. I work in downtown and the roads are closing at 3, so I need to get out of hazard. Our meeting rooms overlook the Burj Kahlifa and fountains so a few people have asked can they get the metro in and watch the fireworks etc from there. Not keen myself on mixing work with family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Morning Elves!

I'm back today after a lovely lovely Christmas! Thankfully my cold didn't amount to much so we had a relatively healthy Christmas! Kids were delighted with what Santy brought and we spent Christmas Day with a mad scientist (our daughter) and a taxi man (our son) :D This was our first Christmas with just ourselves for dinner and it was lovely. We had a great big family dinner in my parents on St. Stephens Day & then we had our little girls birthday the day after. House was mad with 8 four year old girls running around screaming like banshees but it was a great day. Have had a few relaxing days now in between.

Quiet day at work today (from home) - so will try to attack our 1000 piece jigsaw :D

Can't believe it's the 31st already. We're visiting my mother for lunch today and then having a nice quiet evening at home to ring in the New Year.
    Roll on February (I absolutely hate January)

happy_new_years_eve_quotes5.jpg

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Can't believe it's the 31st already. We're visiting my mother for lunch today and then having a nice quiet evening at home to ring in the New Year.
    Roll on February (I absolutely hate January)

I also hate hate hate January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement