Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

January is the worst. Bleeeurgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Another Jan Hater here too - it's the longest month ever! :( So this year, I've lined up a few things to make it go a bit faster! Nothing terribly exciting but we've our app with the HSE this Friday to register for our marriage, then on the 13th we are meeting our celebrant & then the 18th, I've my work Christmas do. Hopefully we can have a few other bits organised and then bobs your uncle, the month will be over :D

I think it's just such a bleak month, the weather normally goes completely crap etc. Positive thoughts, happy to be alive and such like normally get me thru!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh lads January isn't all bad! I for one will be celebrating a big birthday during it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The ham for Christmas dinner number two is currently boiling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We always book a break away in January instead of big Christmas gifts. We’re heading to Mijas in Spain for a week mid Jan. Helps beat the post Christmas blues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So does anyone have any exciting plans for New Years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loughc wrote: »
    So does anyone have any exciting plans for New Years?

I'm staying in and I'm VERY excited at the prospect of not going out. That counts, doesn't it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'm staying in and I'm VERY excited at the prospect of not going out. That counts, doesn't it?

Yes. Yes it does in my mind :)

Heroditas wrote: »
    Your plans are identical to my plans!
    jellybear wrote: »
    Awh lads January isn't all bad! I for one will be celebrating a big birthday during it
    I'll give January one thing... there will be a grand stretch in the evenings. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Staying put tonight. On driving duty for our 2 daughters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Happy New Year to one and all...staying in...some friends calling...light bites and nice desserts....nobody could face a big meal..
    Also on driving duty for daughter..its her first time going out for New Year.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My first post of 2019 goes to this forum as it did in 2018!
    Happy New Year!

49577982_816204595384892_3970453014656843776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=17113458e7c3bc9285a2b4ddab05a936&oe=5CC71665

Can't wait for Christmas THIS YEAR!!!

Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy New Year. All the very best for 2019. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

I stayed in, I was up at 5.45am for work today, no big deal, I don't drink for NYE anyway.

Happy New Year, everyone :)

Well this is an unexpected hangover!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Well I didn't get to sleep till half four this morning.. wasn't expecting this hangover either Loughc!

Well I didn't get to sleep till half four this morning.. wasn't expecting this hangover either Loughc!

We must have been at the same party. I didn’t get to bed until 4.45 :pac:

Paying for it now and back to work tomorrow :(

Ah no lads...I.d say its man flu ye have......!!!

Ah no lads...I.d say its man flu ye have......!!!

I’d say it’s the cider :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Only one thing for it. Cheers everyone

kitten_k wrote: »
    Only one thing for it. Cheers everyone

A big durty Chinese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    A big durty Chinese?

I can’t decide if I want chipper / Chinese or dominos!!

kitten_k wrote: »
    I can’t decide if I want chipper / Chinese or dominos!!

Mega box it and go all 3.

Well I'm just after having a prawn linguini starter and a massive plate of roast beef, roasties, veg etc with some cheese and crackers washed down with a few glasses of red wine at the in-laws if it makes any of you feel better :D

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have a get rich quick scheme they can share with us all?

I.v heard there is a Nigerian Prince trying to bring his fortune to Europe for a small fee.....:D:D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Got some nice bargains in the Kilkenny shop sale for next year!

I.v some nephews and nieces who are completing sale of houses this year, so I bought a load of really nice decorations at 50 PerCent
    discount which I will give to them next Christmas as presents....also great excuse for me to buy more decorations....

• Advertisement

Got some nice bargains in the Kilkenny shop sale for next year!
    I got some in Carraig Donn. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement