Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    I miss the "sure its Christmas" excuse for a pint of a bag of Haribo.

I was using that from the end of November :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Same, especially in relation to to pints of cider and whether I should have any more. Paying the price now.

Also opening the fridge and having a mad selection to choose from. 'I will have a lump of ham, some stuffing, brie with oinion relish, baileys fudge, glass of coke, Kegohs crisps and a few toffee quality street....then I will think about dinner"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Also opening the fridge and having a mad selection to choose from. 'I will have a lump of ham, some stuffing, brie with oinion relish, baileys fudge, glass of coke, Kegohs crisps and a few toffee quality street....then I will think about dinner"

Yum. Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Little orphan Robin left behind in the kitchen lol

Think I'll leave it there for another while

469958.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We still have our tree up :o We intended taking it down on Sunday but ran out of time. I haven't actually spent any time in the living room since Saturday but I know it's still there...hopefully will be able to get a bit of time in there tonight with the lights switched on one more time before we take it down, though we're going away for the weekend. It might still be there on Monday, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I must admit i was using the 'feck it,its christmas' excuse for most of my snacking recently so it was a mixture of feelings to be told by herself that she'd brought most of the stuff we had left over in to work for her colleagues to devour... I originally thought 'ah no, I was looking forward to eating thet' but after falling asleep & failing to get any exercise in had a second thought & decided not having the temptation constantly there was a good thing.

Only back in work since Monday & i have to admit it feels like I was never off, knew I had a heavy workload to come back to but the day to day commitments have already got me well back into the swing of things. The twins are back to football & hurling this weekend after being back to swimming on Sunday last so we're back to normal now & I genuinely cant remember it ever happening so quickly, normally i'd be feeling sorry for myself in the pits of the post christmas blues but so far so good & feeling pretty positive. Though I'd murder a night out & a few pints of IPA or Guinness :D Thats one urge that I dont need a christmas excuse to indulge!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Feel like January is speeding up already, next Tue it will be half gone !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Double figures already tomorrow!

otnomart wrote: »
    Feel like January is speeding up already, next Tue it will be half gone !

Oooh I like the sound of that!!

Going quicker than last year anyway. That January was a whopper for some reason.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Double digits of the first month in a few hours!

I can imagine freshpopcorn just staring at a clock, counting down to Christmas already the double figures! :pac: :D

Double figures! \o/

Posy wrote: »
    I can imagine freshpopcorn just staring at a clock, counting down to Christmas already the double figures! :pac: :D

We're into the 340's!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning all, everything down and boxed waiting to go back to attic. The house is so bare.... Only good thing is there is a tiny bit
    of lightness coming into the mornings/evenings.... As the saying goes..when Winter comes can Spring be far behind.
    Loving the chat on the new thread.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just realised this morning that we still have a little tree up in our little girls room and a star light in her window!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Still havnt put my boxes of decorations away....all still stacked in corner. Spotted late last night that a bundle of outdoor lights Was on in the box. They are battery lights and for some reason I hadn’t turned them off. They were coming on at a certain time every evening.

Great to see all the Spring bulbs and Christmas roses coming up! Definitely a very early feeling of Spring in the air!

Christmas roses?

Christmas roses?

I really hope it’s the sweets.... I really hope they grow on a tree somewhere. I’d like to meet that tree.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I really hope it’s the sweets.... I really hope they grow on a tree somewhere. I’d like to meet that tree.

Theres a few of them on Quality street.

:o

I know, terrible!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Christmas roses?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/details?plantid=947

Love these and so rarely see them....

DvB wrote: »
    Theres a few of them on Quality street.

:o

I know, terrible!!:D

Boom! Love it :D

100 days until Easter!
    DRqHB1AW4AAGHD5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Graces7 wrote: »
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/details?plantid=947

Love these and so rarely see them....

Aldi & Lidl always sell these in the Spring! Bought a six pack of them last year for around a fiver. They are all in bloom now. Beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

First week in work over, now first post Christmas week-end !
    Enjoy your Fri evening Elves !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

House around the corner still has tree up and lit. I know the couple to see, they keep their tree up the longest of anyone I've seen. Tree goes up around the middle of November and stays up till middle of January, a full 2 months.

Everything is down and back in the attic apart from the little tree in my bedroom. The living room is so empty I can hear the clock tick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Christmas shopping well underway I found the boardgame Labyrinth in a charity shop for €2 which will be perfect for the Christmas eve box. I've bought lots of crafts and games for December. And I just bought a 1000pce Snowman and Snowdog jigsaw for the jigsaw advent calendar! Now tempted by a Snowdog teddy. S saw the cartoon for the first time this year and absolutely loved it so the teddy would be a huge hit.

Unfortunately S has also picked his Santa gift. Fortnite action figures. I'm not happy, they cost an absolute fortune, so even with the massive shopping time I'm not convinced they'll ever reach a price I'll be happy with or able to buy him an amount that feels like a real Christmas bounty.

• Advertisement

We got a free Amazon Echo and spot with our heating company and I’ve spent the evening setting them up feel like a kid at Christmas haha.

And yes I played ChristmasFM on it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement