Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Exciting is the right word. We packed my OH's and the little ones bag so we are ready to go. I had to ring the hospital to double check what we need to bring even though they gave us a list and we had a tour and talk last weekend. It's all becoming so real.

I just see future Jude jnr (its a girl and we are keeping the name on the DL) in my head and its always Christmas time. Cannot wait to be Santa again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh that is so exciting! :D I just love hearing about babies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

mid-monthcheck-in.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

One things for sure, January 2019 is going a damn sight quicker than January 2018 did!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Ye I agree DvB, think the chat here is definately helping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    One things for sure, January 2019 is going a damn sight quicker than January 2018 did!!

It really is!

January 18 went very slowly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ye I agree DvB, think the chat here is definately helping.

I agree :)

Highlight of most of my mornings coming in here to read the posts.

:D:D:D:D And sure we have lots of things to look forward to....new babies....weddings........

Loughc wrote: »
    I agree :)

Agree 100%, enjoy the chat in here & look forward to the new posts.

I know the numbers will likely drop off as we get further into the new year but its nice to see it so active still 3 weeks after christmas.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Ditto - I literally check my work emails really quickly, fire off a few responses then leg it over here to see what's happening! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Agree with you Elves, Jan is flying by, and this year is very promising !
    Am so tired already this week, had to sort out some errands on top of work and feel wiped out.
    Cold front is coming this week-end apparently !
    Maybe there is even some snow on the way. I dread the ice, but would not object to some soft snow at the week-end, for the children (and children at heart) to play with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:D:D:D:D And sure we have lots of things to look forward to....new babies....weddings........
    Pancakes... waffles... easter eggs... :D

I actually don't mind a cold snap at all, once its not a rainy one. Can live with the cold but hate the rain. Clear, cold, crisp days can be fantastic for getting out in once you're wrapped up for it.

otnomart wrote: »
    Cold front is coming this week-end apparently !
    Maybe there is even some snow on the way. I dread the ice, but would not object to some soft snow at the week-end, for the children (and children at heart) to play with.

I would kill for another snow event like last year. It was so nice. It looked so festive but everything slowed down, it reminded me of Christmas when all the shops close.

And it didn’t hurt that ChristmasFM came back for a day!

Posy wrote: »
    Pancakes... waffles... easter eggs... :D

Oh sweet Jesus you are talking my language!

Some crisp would be just the biz. My favourite weather...Coillte are clearing some plantations around us at the moment, and there
    is a gorgeous pine smell in the air, which is battling with the smell of slurry being spread after the season opened on Monday...
    The joys of country living....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I would kill for another snow event like last year. It was so nice. It looked so festive but everything slowed down, it reminded me of Christmas when all the shops close.

Snow in April please when I am home.

If I see so much as a snowflake, I'm battening down the hatches and not leaving the house as last year, I managed to crash my car in during the Feb cold spell. I'm super nervous now

I'm embarrassed to admit I missed that completely last year. :o
    Too busy out clearing roads & playing with the kids!

I still have the little tree up in my bedroom and I'm finding it very hard to take it down not because it's a Christmas tree but I really like the glow off the lights(Battery operated) during the evening/night.

• Advertisement

I still have the little tree up in my bedroom and I'm finding it very hard to take it down not because it's a Christmas tree but I really like the glow off the lights(Battery operated) during the evening/night.

Maybe get a plain set of LED lights to light the bedroom instead? I love the warm glow of lights.

Maybe get a plain set of LED lights to light the bedroom instead? I love the warm glow of lights.

Yes, I'm planning on getting something and I'm just trying to find something!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds like you need a lava lamp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I used to have 4 lava lamps in my bedroom growing up, loved them!! :D

We have a string of fairy lights around the top of our headboard - gives off a nice soft glow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Still see the odd Christmas tree up

Keep the magic alive !

Still see the odd Christmas tree up

Keep the magic alive !

Actually freshpopcorn sod the fairy lights, keep the tree up. :pac:

LoughC, exactly what I was thinking. !! Freshpopcorn...its your own private space......and if you are enjoying the tree......leave it
    up til you are happy to take it down.

Christmas FM raised €404,501for there charity!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That is a mind-boggling amount of money!!! Absolutely brilliant!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement