Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just bought my first Christmas present for 2019! Operation Christmas 2019 is a go! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I did the same on Weds CheerLouth.....I was in Boots and they had their Christmas section on 50 Percent discount...so I bought
    some of the Sanctuary Sets (my fav scent is the Sanctuary scent) and some Soap and Glory sets....all very presentable.
    Now gone into what I call my Christmas wardrobe..... I.v also started to feed my Christmas Fund piggy bank.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

No matter what radio/telly channel you turned on yesterday, it was either Brexit or Farmers and Vegans over shouting each other, I
    went back to ChristmasFm Ap. I heard a Christmas song I had.nt heard before...Niall Diamond You make it feel like
    Christmas...all year round.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

YaL87oF.jpg?1

DISGRACEFUL. IT'S JANUARY.
    St Patrick's day is happening earlier every year.

Pure consumerism and not fair on those who don't drink and have to watch everybody else get ratarsed. Utter madness.
    People will have their St Patrick's day decorations up in July at this rate and it's putting far too much pressure on those who are not financially well off who will be stressing now over the price of a pint.
    They are already playing 'Hail Glorious Saint Patrick' on mainstream radio instead of waiting until March.
    I'm sure the Brown Thomas St Patrick's shop will be open soon, and people have forgotten the true meaning of the day- the birth of St Patrick and something to do with snakes and shamrocks.

It's crazy, Joe.

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Dunnes in blanch has had paddy day stuff out for at least 2 weeks now. Bonkers. Then go downstairs to the grocery section to be met by a pile of mini eggs and Cadbury creme eggs...

I never want to hear people complain about crimbo stuff starting in november ever again...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Miracle on 34th Street is on E4 now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

^^^^ I came on to post that, there was a rugby highlights show on C4 and I flipped over to E4, I took a big inhale to help my pleading to the OH but she got in there first "Noooo!!! it's not Christmas anymore". In fairness it meant that the lesser of the two evils was the rugby.

We book our flights with the origin being Dublin, even though we do not live there, as its cheaper. So I will be home in April and need to book a flight back here and then a return which will be at Christmas. So I guess that's Christmasy, looking at the dates we'll be home.

We're into the 330's!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I couldn't cope with it not being Christmas so I booked us a lovely Christmas 2019 break. Another countdown :D:D
    I also have an unopened tub of celebrations I've been meaning to get rid of but now I feel they should just be opened :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Good morning, anyone seen the Eclipse last night ?
    Was too tired to set the alarm for it.

ChewChew wrote: »
    I couldn't cope with it not being Christmas so I booked us a lovely Christmas 2019 break. Another countdown :D:D
    I also have an unopened tub of celebrations I've been meaning to get rid of but now I feel they should just be opened :D

Man I missed celebrations this year, ours was a quality street only house and anyone who visited brought wine. Different country I know, not even a tin of USA biscuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

otnomart wrote: »

Same here - but I woke up about 4ish - can't really remember exactly and I looked out and it was about half way eclipsed. So I opened the curtains so I could see it from my nice warm bed....and guess what happened, I went right back to sleep. Woke again around 5.30 and it was pitch black, but I think that had more to do with the cloud cover.......which saved me having to defrost my windscreen this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Am I bit peeved as I also missed the previous Eclipse last summer, it was cloudy that night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Am I bit peeved as I also missed the previous Eclipse last summer, it was cloudy that night.

I just assume it's cloudy every night in Ireland... you'd be right more often than you'd be wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Snow on the way tonight nationwide supposedly. Wrap up well guys and stay safe on the roads.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/met-eireann-issues-nationwide-snow-and-ice-warning-898986.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Slept through the 3.30 alarm but woke up for the 5.20 one. Headed outside in to the garden with a large mug of coffee and sat on a sun chair. Took me ages to figure out where it was until my eyes adjusted to the dark and I could make out the red glow.....sadly the clouds rolled from the Atlantic as I was waiting for it to reappear, so when back to me bed!

A fun Christmas fact: Christmas will fall on a Wednesday for 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

And for 2020 its a Friday!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    And for 2020 its a Friday!

No middle week slump for this year for Christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I was checking this out in work last week and its not a great day for it because we will have to go to work for Monday the 23rd and probably back in by the following Thursday the 2nd of January so its just over a week off.
    Christmas 2018 was better because work broke up on Friday the 21st. Maybe I'll have won the lotto by then so will be on holiday full time by then :D

While I was checking the calendar for Christmas 2019 I also discovered that Paddy's Day falls on a Sunday so it will be a nice long weekend for us all this year!

I was checking this out in work last week and its not a great day for it because we will have to go to work for Monday the 23rd and probably back in by the following Thursday the 2nd of January so its just over a week off.
    Christmas 2018 was better because work broke up on Friday the 21st. Maybe I'll have won the lotto by then so will be on holiday full time by then :D

I’ll be taking the Monday off for sure but will definitely will be back on the 2nd myself.

Although I’m also planning on winning the lotto this year too and I’ll be fulfilling my dream job and doing Christmas stuff all year while having money in the bank :pac:

While I was checking the calendar for Christmas 2019 I also discovered that Paddy's Day falls on a Sunday so it will be a nice long weekend for us all this year!

Yes I love the way that lands this year. 3 day weekend. :D

I’ll be taking the Monday off for sure but will definitely will be back on the 2nd myself.

Although I’m also planning on winning the lotto this year too and I’ll be fulfilling my dream job and doing Christmas stuff all year while having money in the bank :pac:

I think everyone convinces themselves that they will win the lotto :)

Having said that I've always said even if I did win the lotto and no matter where in the world I was I would never spend Christmas week any where else but back home in Ireland.

I think everyone convinces themselves that they will win the lotto :)

Having said that I've always said even if I did win the lotto and no matter where in the world I was I would never spend Christmas week any where else but back home in Ireland.

Same there is definitely no where else I’d stay other than Ireland for Christmas.

I wouldn't mind spending Christmas somewhere like a lodge in a mountain village in the Alps.

Thanks to the Leap Year in 2020, St Patrick's day will skip being on a Monday and go straight to Tuesday. Boo. :<

It's snowing!

Wednesday is good for me as our get together will be on the 23rd and it wont be so manic in town. Might even get a trip to the sun after Christmas on the way home. We did the Maldives after Christmas one year.

You say you would never do a Christmas out of Ireland but when you try one (plus if you had lotto money) you may change your mind. Snowy Christmas in a chocolate box alpine village with immediate family, on a tropical island with great food and bubbles included, your own pool looking out to the Indian ocean. It's pretty sweet.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    on a tropical island with great food and bubbles included, your own pool looking out to the Indian ocean.
    Well I'm sure I could be persuaded if I had to, like. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement