Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'll definitely finish up on the Friday this year & will probably try to keep the 2 extra days annual leave to ensure I'm not back until the Monday after NYD too. I loved having the 2 full weeks off this year & felt it definitely helped my post christmas blues so will do my best to hang on to the days I'll need for 2 full weeks off again.
    Think the longer break has influenced how long January feels too, this year January is flying, sure Friday week is February... definitely nowhere near as long as last year felt & I suspect not coming back to work until the 7th had something to do with that.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind spending Christmas somewhere like a lodge in a mountain village in the Alps.
    Jude13 wrote: »
    You say you would never do a Christmas out of Ireland but when you try one (plus if you had lotto money) you may change your mind. Snowy Christmas in a chocolate box alpine village with immediate family, on a tropical island with great food and bubbles included, your own pool looking out to the Indian ocean. It's pretty sweet.

See the way I see it is have Christmas in Ireland cause tradition and then going to the lodge in January to keep the post Christmas blues away...

I have it all planned out. :P

If I win the Euromillions tonight ye all can come with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We had our work Christmas Do on Friday night - not a Christmas tree to be seen :( Very disappointing. But other than that, it was a good night out :) Will look forward to next year now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Loughc wrote: »
    See the way I see it is have Christmas in Ireland cause tradition and then going to the lodge in January to keep the post Christmas blues away...

I have it all planned out. :P

If I win the Euromillions tonight ye all can come with me :)

That's the way to do it, we did Christmas in Ireland in 2018 and flew the 28th to the Maldives for a week of bliss.

If we had the euromillions I would still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

The idea of whisking all the family away to a cosy location would be very tempting, if money no object.
    But I think I would miss the things we always dig out at Christmas, like photo albums. Would have to ship those, too !
    Location-wise, I would have fun picking between the Alps, Scandinavia, New York...still got time to decide while I dream about that Euromillions win !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'd be happy with just the regular lotto. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'd be happy with just the regular lotto. :pac:

I second this :pac:

Christmas fun fact of the day. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is no longer the most-played Christmas song?Pentatonix “Mary Did You Know” was the most-played this past year.

a17v9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I can't believe it's been nearly four weeks since Christmas - January is flying by! :D

• Advertisement

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I can't believe it's been nearly four weeks since Christmas - January is flying by! :D

Yea I'm delighted how quick this January has felt.

I think the dry mild weather helped, if it was constantly windy and raining it'd feel more gloomy and grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Oh I don't know - January is dragging on for me. It seems like a very long two weeks since I took down the decorations and there's still a full week left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Got a lovely email yesterday from TempleSt regarding the donation given during the ChristmasFm appeal.
    They confirmed the total amount raised and told a very heart warming story of one of the little people they
    are helping.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

January is flying by, did not feel the Blue Monday blues at all.
    Have now booked travel till June, after using Airhint to "stalk" prices until they came down to my level. I never look back, as don't want to know if they came down further !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I just opened my "Foods of Athenry" Christmas cake. I was going to share it, but now I really don't think I will, it's too delicious!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I spotted these Today in Tesco. I don't know if there a bargain or not!

50929496_2277569698942911_1121203965694836736_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=fda1065fb08eadab730d251659b4e304&oe=5CF6191E

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They are 333 days until Christmas now.
    They'll be 222 days in mid May.
    111 days will be in early September.
    Then the 99, 88 will take place in September
    77,66 and 55 days in October.
    44, 33 days in November.
    22 and 11 days in December.

Wow it really ramps up from September doesn’t it. The minute the kids go back to school and strictly and xfactor comes back on tv my brain is like... launch Christmas mode protocol.

49896724_10217272778106900_2928166848232947712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=f0a2fdd6935dedfffad529b5b4f8a74d&oe=5CB68B5B

• Advertisement

I asked Alexa to play happy songs and she started playing Christmas Crackers playlist. Alexa gets me :D

Christmas fact: The first known Christmas celebration was in the year 336, so in 2019 we will celebrate the 1,683rd Christmas

Weather app is giving me a 40% chance of snow tonight. Eeek.

Snow would be very festive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Christmas lights are still up in Helsinki!

Christmas fact: 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' was originally written as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Christmas fact: 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' was originally written as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

That song always reminds me of the film gremlins!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

That song reminds me of Chris Rock in that terrible Christmas special a Very Murray Christmas.

Jude13 wrote: »
    That song reminds me of Chris Rock in that terrible Christmas special a Very Murray Christmas.

I never finished that, I think I tuned off 5 mins in... it was so so bad...

And I was so looking forward to it as I am a Bill Murray fan.

I never finished that, I think I tuned off 5 mins in... it was so so bad...

And I was so looking forward to it as I am a Bill Murray fan.

Ditto.
    Still cant believe how bad it was. Utter muck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

On the plus side, this Saturday is Groundhog Day, so an excuse to watch one of Bill Murray's finest. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement