Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    On the plus side, this Saturday is Groundhog Day, so an excuse to watch one of Bill Murray's finest. :D

Eeek. One of my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

I love Groundhog day, speaks volumes to desk jockeys who's days blend in to one another.

Thanks all for the congrats on the other thread, I didnt want to hijack what is a class thread with thank yous about the new elf.

When I have the wee elf resting on my lap I sooth her by telling her what we have planned for Christmas eve, how she is going to have to help get a carrot for Rudolph and how we need to leave out a ron zacappa xo for santa and a nice single malt for mrs claus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Snowing on and off in mid Louth! Too wet for it to stick though! If it got heavy enough though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

It's SNOWING in Sligo :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just miserable cold wet rain here in D4.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Just miserable cold wet rain here in D4.

Same in D13 :(

CheerLouth wrote: »

Snowing on and off in mid Louth! Too wet for it to stick though! If it got heavy enough though......

Keep all snow reports coming in folks! :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Same in D13 :(

Ah, Baldoyle!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Sun currently shining here in Clare - we did have some sleety rain earlier, but it was more rain than sleet.

Keep all snow reports coming in folks! :)

Sun is shining here now - was very short lived snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

We had a fab snow shower for about 20 mins here in Sth Galway.....was quite heavy for about 5/6 mins . Place went completely dark. Sun has co,e back out again....don’t think we will be building snowmen this year :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah Sundew, it's still January, loads of time left in the year for snowmen. Sure last year we were all building snowmen in March. Plenty of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

CheerLouth wrote: »

I live and work in Ashbourne but had to go up to Dundalk today and I saw it! :)
    I looked across at an office window opposite me and at least five people were stood at it just staring at the snow. It was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We've had a few snow showers Today but nothing is sticking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Lots of snow here down South.........big fluffy flakes of fun......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lots of snow here down South.........big fluffy flakes of fun......

Were abouts are you?, nothing in wexford.

Very high up..east Cork.

We're into the 320's!

I hope the snow holds off til Friday as the inlaws are flying out Thursday.

Snow: a great way of finding out which county everyone lives in. I am also seriously think that I didn't realise Cheerlouth was from Louth.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Snow: a great way of finding out which county everyone lives in. I am also seriously think that I didn't realise Cheerlouth was from Louth.

Ha! I actually LOL'd at this :D Yep, Louth and proud as the fella says :)

No snow our way this morning which I was thankful for as it was my day to go to the office in Dublin. I'm fine for it to snow from about 9pm tonight though :P

• Advertisement

Woke at 6 am to a beautiful white vista....Sky was clear, quarter moon shining...stars bright. Air was so clean and fresh....and quietness
    was just awesome. It was a pleasure to be out working in it. Bird feeders now restocked to feed the birds.... I know they have to
    eat too, but would the crows and magpies just feck off plz. While I just love snow, I hope there is no accidents on the roads today.

Beautiful morning out there this morning but no snow :(

I don't think we'll be lucky enough to see the likes of the beast from the east anytime soon. Maybe in the next 10-20 years.

Been on site all morning, first one up in kilmacanogue... man was it cold. Clear and crisp which I like but bitter if out and not moving much.
    Heading back to the office now and looking forward to a hot mug of coffee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Christmas 2019 will have too be cancelled for me because I left the immersion on all day yesterday after I turned it onto heat the water for a shave :'( Bankruptcy Looms :'(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Christmas 2019 will have too be cancelled for me because I left the immersion on all day yesterday after I turned it onto heat the water for a shave :'( Bankruptcy Looms :'(.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Jaysus, we'll have to set up a 'go fund me' or you'll be destitute :pac: not looking good for the next few Christmas's with those bills!

Ah no!! There is nothing worse!

It’s the ultimate fear!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Staph wrote: »
    Jaysus, we'll have to set up a 'go fund me' or you'll be destitute :pac: not looking good for the next few Christmas's with those bills!

Awww shucks too kind :D

Ah no!! There is nothing worse!

It’s the ultimate fear!!

It keeps me awake at night :'(

:pac:

The immersion, those were the days. Six moths of the year here you cant get the shower cold enough, our hot water tank is on the roof and boils in the heat.

• Advertisement

51218483_3048595131820856_6573264330597335040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=93bcc1c1b7ad9d1d413a8b467dafcf10&oe=5CBA1069

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement