Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭kitten_k

471876.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

46789_505458486171579_697681527_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=9afb3b28eaa9afc678c24491c338c158&oe=5CB9F73D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy First Day of Spring everyone!!! :D

I know it's a controversial one - but I went to school in the early 90s & that's what we were taught so I'm sticking to it! Plus it makes me feel happier to think that warmer, brighter days are that bit closer! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Happy First Day of Spring everyone!!! :D

I know it's a controversial one - but I went to school in the early 90s & that's what we were taught so I'm sticking to it! Plus it makes me feel happier to think that warmer, brighter days are that bit closer! :D

I consider this the first day of spring too!

I have to say January didn't feel half as long as it did last year, but I'm still glad it's gone, February always feels like a shorter month and I have a few days booked off this month so that'll fly by :pac:

But now we're in Feb I always feel like the year starts moving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Loughc wrote: »
    But now we're in Feb I always feel like the year starts moving!

It really does! Someone said something to be the other day about the 4th of March being only four weeks away :eek: Feb is a shocking fast month & we've a good few things on so it'll prob fly by even more quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I'm with you all on it being the first day of Spring - it was Feb/Mar/Apr when I went to school too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I consider this the first day of spring too!

I have to say January didn't feel half as long as it did last year, but I'm still glad it's gone,

Amen brother!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well, can finally announce that there will be another little elf joining us for Christmas 2019 :D Christmas 2018 was so tough as I was so unwell so I'll be looking forward to a lovely Christmas dinner this year :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Congratulations!! :D
    When is the little elf due to arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Posy wrote: »
    Congratulations!! :D
    When is the little elf due to arrive?

Awh thanks a million! Due in August :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    Well, can finally announce that there will be another little elf joining us for Christmas 2019 :D Christmas 2018 was so tough as I was so unwell so I'll be looking forward to a lovely Christmas dinner this year :)

Congrats Jellybear!! Delighted for you!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

jellybear wrote: »

Great news Jellybear. Congratulations :)

Congrats Jellybear, great news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Congrats Jellybear !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Weather still very wintry here.
    In clearout mode today: first tackled paperwork, and then the folder where I keep city maps and attactions leaflets that I picked up during travels. Most of them gone now !
    Feels great actually !

Lough - happy treatmas!!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Lough - happy treatmas!!

Thank you :D

I can’t wait for later :pac:

Happy Groundhog day, guys!! :)

Happy Treatmas, Loughc! You deserve it after all your hard work, enjoy!!

Thank you :D

I can’t wait for later :pac:

I stocked up on the goodies in solidarity (just don’t expect me to join a gym!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Jellybear !!

LoughC , enjoy ALL the treats !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congrats jellybear!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

I went out for a lovely walk in the ice yesterday afternoon. I was gone for two hours and took loads of pictures of snowy Sligo. Pure bliss! :)

2whfkly.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The forty days of Christmas ended yesterday, Candlemas... been a lovely time

Posy wrote: »

This post is fantastic!! :D

Any superbowl fans?

Not me anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

51103731_2293938183972729_2534451800413569024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=3861e71bc3a0cb3a96b2fa6ff5e60bc8&oe=5CB905E5

51394217_2293937963972751_3907387986920079360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=c5bc198ffb19a675202f84f5051021ca&oe=5CB4165A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

freshpopcorn; makes me less frustrated that I can no longer shop in person at a supermarket.. Thanks for this affirmation!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement