Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congrats Baby and Crumble, very jealous of your Artic visit. We got hitched in April, had a mini moon but having our honeymoon after Chrimbo.

Last day in the office!!!! had Christmas drinks last night but I was home in bed by 8 so it wasn't too bad and I only feel half rough. Just throwing on the out of office and cleaning up. Then off to see star wars at 10:30am, home to pack, meet the OH at the opera house for carols, bed then up to fly home!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jude13 wrote: »
    Congrats Baby and Crumble, very jealous of your Artic visit. We got hitched in April, had a mini moon but having our honeymoon after Chrimbo.

Last day in the office!!!! had Christmas drinks last night but I was home in bed by 8 so it wasn't too bad and I only feel half rough. Just throwing on the out of office and cleaning up. Then off to see star wars at 10:30am, home to pack, meet the OH at the opera house for carols, bed then up to fly home!!!

Sounds like you have a great day lined up Jude, enjoy it and have a good journey home.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats Baby and Crumble and welcome back. I am very jealous your honeymoon pictures were stunning! :)

Welcome back Baby and Crumble, congratulations and I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. Did I miss the photos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Welcome back Baby and Crumble, congratulations and I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. Did I miss the photos?

Photos are up on my instagram, if anyone fancies a goo here ya go!

Hopefully should be getting our official photos soon, once I do I'll pop a few of the most Christmassy ones here. :D

Turkey and ham ordered last night for pick up on Christmas Eve, tree and wreath getting picked up from our friend who owns a florist later today, last bits of gift shopping getting done tonight and then I just need to sit down and sort the plan of attack for the day itself.

Oh, and decorate the house. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Hurry up, Christmas! :)

I want to snuggle up on the sofa with my hubs and my mammykins and daddykins watching films and drink mulled wine and buckets of tea and eat ham and stuffing and turkey and drive to the sea on Stephen's Day and then ride the rail to my in-laws and start it all over again with them for the back half of the holiday.

Come on, Christmas, happen already!

True, and I don't work Fridays so should be ok. FINGERS CROSSED!!

The wedding went AMAZINGLY and the honeymoon was super Christmassy too. I spent most of it bundled up in hats and gloves in the arctic circle in THE FLUFFIEST SNOW I have ever ever seen.

I really hope we get some more pics from our photographer soon, there are some gorgeous ones she took of us in front of the hotel Christmas tree I want to see and share! :D

Did you get to see the Northern Lights?

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Did you get to see the Northern Lights?

Yeah, on the last night. It was AMAZING. Like dancing colored sand across the sky. Unreal.

Yeah, on the last night. It was AMAZING. Like dancing colored sand across the sky. Unreal.

I was in Iceland in September and saw them only very faintly. We weren't expecting to see them at all though and it wasn't the purpose of our trip. But it whetted my appetite and I'm now very jealous of anyone who gets to see them properly. :P It's tricky to plan though. My friend went to Iceland for five days recently in the hopes of seeing them - no luck. :(

Yeah it's very tricky. My wife (!!) has always wanted to see them so we thought this was a perfect opportunity to give it a go. I honestly thought we mightn't see them at all since it was only on the last evening they popped up, but they were really bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We are doing our Secret Santa in work after lunch! We are keeping it properly secret too - hope my person likes their gift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Last overnight for work out of the way, home now, happiness.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Photos are up on my instagram, if anyone fancies a goo here ya go!

Hopefully should be getting our official photos soon, once I do I'll pop a few of the most Christmassy ones here. :D

Turkey and ham ordered last night for pick up on Christmas Eve, tree and wreath getting picked up from our friend who owns a florist later today, last bits of gift shopping getting done tonight and then I just need to sit down and sort the plan of attack for the day itself.

Oh, and decorate the house. :pac::pac::pac:

Cool photos, looks like ye had a great time ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have a Christmas Tree jumper on today :D And I found out that I won the Gingerbread House Building competition at work the other day! Woot :D:D

Lovely photos, Baby & Crumble! Looks like you both had a great time - congrats on the wedding :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Last Friday in work before the holidays!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Congratulations baby and crumble. Your honeymoon looked incredible! Hope you have a fantastic first married Christmas.

Definitely a 'week before Christmas' feeling in work this morning. It's like a Friday feeling but it starts at 9.30 instead of lunchtime. :D I'm very jealous that it's your last Friday. Loughc. I can't believe there's a whole week of work to get through before the Christmas holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,755 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just got my Christmas hair cut!

Congratulations baby and crumble. Your honeymoon looked incredible! Hope you have a fantastic first married Christmas.

Definitely a 'week before Christmas' feeling in work this morning. It's like a Friday feeling but it starts at 9.30 instead of lunchtime. :D I'm very jealous that it's your last Friday. Loughc. I can't believe there's a whole week of work to get through before the Christmas holidays!

Just 3 more working days for me until the holidays :)

I won't be this happy when I have to go back tho haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    Just 3 more working days for me until the holidays :)

I won't be this happy when I have to go back tho haha.

Lucky you! Very jealous. How long are you off for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Unique Irish designer Jen Nollaig creates her clothes deisgns based on her Christmas decorations - some of these are pretty out there but so awesome. They'd look great at a Christmas party :D
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/fashion/is-this-ireland-s-most-christmassy-woman-1.3327758#.WjPwu13zj0w.twitter

• Advertisement

Lucky you! Very jealous. How long are you off for?

12 days. Completely unplanned haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭jellybear

Every year I make Christmas decorations for the kids I teach and I put their names on them to personalise them a bit. Have them cut and drying now and will paint them on Sunday. Here's a sneak peek :)

12 days. Completely unplanned haha.

Excellent. Loads of lie ins! I’m off for 13 I think. Not sure yet.

Single figures!
    147237-9-Days-Until-Christmas.jpg

Can’t believe after all the build up we are in the single figures already!!!

We've nearly everything bought now apart from cream, milk, vegetables, Turkey, Pavlova,coke, the odd things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Congratulations B&C.

Only managed to catch up on posts properly tonight, had a mad few days and had a whole load of posts to catch up on.
    Can’t believe after all the build up we are in the single figures already!!!
    I know, isn't it mad?!?! Imagine 9 days!

I can't wait for next year. I am fed up of this year, next year will hopefully be a good one and bring my treatment etc to an end and hopefully be a better year to me and those around me.

We've all had a rough 2017, so maybe 2018 will be a kinder year!

Next week will be such a better year for you strippedboxers. Wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2018 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Guess what I seen today on the Chapelizod Bypass????

The Coca-cola truck!!! Made me more the excited than I should have been!!

• Advertisement

Brennan's bread selection box(Not available in shops)
    25289602_1153080681493226_5208341705976775525_n.jpg?oh=6228add7f5d53c6faecbbad92ce8da12&oe=5A8BD96F

25289220_1153080894826538_7200500767034218343_n.jpg?oh=406701976c0a188fb54129cb85c4d5c5&oe=5A8C145A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement