Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wow, can't believe tomorrow it'll be 299 days, and March!
    Loughc wrote: »
    It was a lovely crisp morning here too then the fog rolled in... I'm close enough to the coast in Dublin so that's prob why we're covered in fog.
    Really foggy where I am all evening- also near enough the coast. I love a good fog!!
    DvB wrote: »
    Ditto.
    Love the long summer evenings, but by the time the kids go back to school I'm looking forward to the christmas build up & the darker evenings I associate with it.
    I hate the dark mornings and evenings, and love coming home from work in the sunshine and brightness and bringing my dog for a run around the park- but the dark evenings coincide with the Christmas build-up and appearance of Christmas lights in the towns and cities, so it's a good trade off.
    It's dark but it sparkles. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Been loving some of the bright crisp and clear days we've been having however long for the hot summer days (hopefully!) going around in just shorts and t-shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »
    Wow, can't believe tomorrow it'll be 299 days, and March!

Really foggy where I am all evening- also near enough the coast. I love a good fog!!

I hate the dark mornings and evenings, and love coming home from work in the sunshine and brightness and bringing my dog for a run around the park- but the dark evenings coincide with the Christmas build-up and appearance of Christmas lights in the towns and cities, so it's a good trade off.
    It's dark but it sparkles. :)

Exactly!!
    And into the 200's as of tomorrow... always feel once we get Jan & Feb out of the way the year starts to pick up pace. We booked our summer holidays this week for July & have the twins communion in May as well, so with Easter, Paddy w/e & the May BH w/e the next few months are well broken up. Shaping up to be another quick year, just hope we get a good summer now!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,780 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're out of the 300's and February.
    We're into the 290's and March now!

D0h8hx3XgAAxbaS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh wow, how quick have Jan and Feb gone?! It's literally flown past! We have a good few things on in March too - it's birthday month for my family. We have my godmother, father in law, son & my brother in laws all in the space of three days next week! :eek: Then we have my niece's the following week, then Paddy's Day & then my sister's bday is the week after that!!!

So will be fairly hectic & not just time wise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Morning all, was enjoying the weather during the week, working away, listening to ChristmasFm on the ap, and what came on....
    The Christmas Shoes !!!! When I was.nt expecting it, it hit me like a sledge hammer.

Hope ye are all keeping well....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Friday, Day 299 and March everyone!!! :D

Maaaaaaaaaarch!! :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

March!!! And the weekend starts today! Woohoo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Happy Friday Elves !
    Just booked a flight for November, this year is really flying by !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I cannot believe it's March already! Have to say, I'm loving the rainy evening we're having!! A perfect night to sit on the couch and eat rubbish :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Seriously guys where is this year going! :D

C9lEEteV0AAkokK?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pancake Tuesday is this Tuesday oh yes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

isn't pancake Tuesday on a Wednesday this year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen Reeses chocolate spread in Dunnes sompicked it up for Tuesday. Looking forward to tasting it!

We had an unreal amount of snow yesterday! Thought it would be too wet to stick but no! Snowed for about 4 hours and we had a good amount of it!

Still made it out to work though today :(

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We had an unreal amount of snow yesterday! Thought it would be too wet to stick but no! Snowed for about 4 hours and we had a good amount of it!

Still made it out to work though today :(

We only had snow for about 2 hours, but the first hour had some of the biggest flakes I've seen in a long long time. It really built up quite quickly, had it continued over night we would have been off for a couple of days at least.

oh well it wasn't meant to be, walking into work this morning and the carpark still has some snow in it and it made me think of this time last year, the snow makes everything look so much brighter and nicer to look at.

Christmas Fact of The Day,

Telling Ghost Stories was one of the most popular things to do at Christmas time, this is why A Christmas Carol reads more like a ghost story than anything else.

The X-Files later played homage to this with their Christmas Special Episodes; "Christmas Carol" and "How the ghosts stole Christmas".

mm8wwp.jpg

• Advertisement

Oh my god, and I've hardly anything bought!! :eek:

I had pancakes tonight!

Oh, you're like those people who open their Christmas presents on Christmas eve. :p

Posy wrote: »
    Oh, you're like those people who open their Christmas presents on Christmas eve. :p

Actually as a kid all present apart from Santa presents were opened when we got them. So, they could be opened weeks in advance. So as a teenager nearly everything was opened early.
    For the past year or two we went back to the Christmas morning thing.

I also had mini pancakes on Saturday and Sunday.

Actually as a kid all present apart from Santa presents were opened when we got them. So, they could be opened weeks in advance. So as a teenager nearly everything was opened early.
    I can only remember getting Santa presents, so as far as I can remember, everything was opened on the 25th.

As an adult, I open secret santa/kris kindle as soon as I get them, or if I exchange gifts with a friend, I'd open it then and there. 'Santa' is still on the day though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Unless we got pressies from Aunts and Uncles well before Christmas it was all left till the 25th.

Booked my flights for our summer holiday this morning. I won't be in Ireland at all this summer so the next time (after April) will be Chrimbo

For the past year or two we went back to the Christmas morning thing

I genuinely read that as you opened Santa Presents before Christmas Day weeks in advance.... I was going to go on the mother of all rants, then I read it again! :o

Phew haha.

I genuinely read that as you opened Santa Presents before Christmas Day weeks in advance.... I was going to go on the mother of all rants, then I read it again! :o

Phew haha.

I also thought this! But then realised that it couldn't be true because Santa presents are in the North Pole until Christmas Eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Phew haha.

This made me LOL on the bus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deja Boo , your inbox is full !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement