Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    No, first or second episode of series 2.

Second episode of Season 2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Damn it only have season one, which was class. I'm home alone now so I can watch Christmas movies, like Home Alone, anytime I want!! The joys of being an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭DvB

40 weeks today to the big day. Hard to believe we're only 12 weeks on from last year, seems like longer despite the year moving along nicely.

Have the house to myself this Friday night (after the kids go to bed) so finally get a chance to indulge in some tv viewing of my own choice... No idea what to watch though, last time I planned a free night was in the build up to crimbo and I had a load of crimbo stuff lined up, but it ended up being cancelled at the last minute by herself, doesn't feel right doing crimbo stuff in March, or does it? ðŸ˜
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,778 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the 270's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen on FB today that the nightmare before Christmas is coming to three arena in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

kitten_k wrote: »
    Seen on FB today that the nightmare before Christmas is coming to three arena in December.

8th I believe, tickets go on sale the 28th March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Am back after week-end away, was good to be home and still some left over Christmas goodies to be had , big stock this year !

and then back to broken interweb for a few days :(
    Which gave me chance to finish reading a book and making serious dents on a second.

Hope everyone had a good Patrick's Day !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kitten_k

You know the way at Christmas people put reindeer ears on their cars? Just seen someone with bunny ears and a nose on theirs!

You know the way at Christmas people put reindeer ears on their cars? Just seen someone with bunny ears and a nose on theirs!

I was think about these before but then I thought I might look like a Playboy Bunny!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    40 weeks today to the big day. Hard to believe we're only 12 weeks on from last year, seems like longer despite the year moving along nicely.

Have the house to myself this Friday night (after the kids go to bed) so finally get a chance to indulge in some tv viewing of my own choice... No idea what to watch though, last time I planned a free night was in the build up to crimbo and I had a load of crimbo stuff lined up, but it ended up being cancelled at the last minute by herself, doesn't feel right doing crimbo stuff in March, or does it? ðŸ˜

I’ll have a free house in April and I’ll be planning on watching Christmas movies then! :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I’ll have a free house in April and I’ll be planning on watching Christmas movies then! :D

I must admit I'm very tempted.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

In time to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the movie! :eek:
    otnomart wrote: »
    Am back after week-end away, was good to be home and still some left over Christmas goodies to be had , big stock this year !

and then back to broken interweb for a few days :(
    Which gave me chance to finish reading a book and making serious dents on a second.

Hope everyone had a good Patrick's Day !

Any treats still left? Staaaarvin' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've been away from here for a while.....but was in Scotland for 10 days too. In the Aldi near my brothers house picking up groceries, but as with any normal aldi visit, I also came out with a frying pan, plates........and 2 packs of Christmas fluffy socks from the clearance basket - 49p each!!! It would have been rude to leave them languishing there any longer - they needed a good home :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Just had a social committee meeting in work today and we finalised the booking of this year's staff Christmas Party!
    Everyone is really excited about this one because it's a biggy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Home Alone just started on E4+1 ... I'm in my happy place!!

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Home Alone just started on E4+1 ... I'm in my happy place!!

I actually ended up watching it last night. Never gets old.

Resisted the temptation to watch christmas stuff on Friday when I had the house to myself (after the kids went to bed) but probably would have been better off doing so, watched a couple of films I'd wanted to rewatch for a while & was ultimately disappointed I did.

Did notice a christmas film on true movies last night at 9pm, but as I'm not a fan of the 'hallmark' or suchlike christmas films gave it a swerve.

9 months to go!

We're only a baby away to Christmas! :)

Ah no, only copped its Rudolph day now... there goes my new years resolution so!!!

DvB wrote: »
    Ah no, only copped its Rudolph day now... there goes my new years resolution so!!!

D'ohh as a great man once said.

Totally forgot as well. Will find something Christmasy to do later.

• Advertisement

I only thought of Rudolph Day after I'd already sorted my work clothes for today (skirt & tights), so couldn't sneak in the Christmas socks :(

Will try and fit something Christmassy in this evening instead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Day from hell in work, so totally forgot about Rudolf Day - until now ...
    Will have a square of dark chocolate right now !

The Mrs had trouble with her car yesterday morning, came home to find it was a flat battery, jump started it & drove it around by myself for a half hour to recharge, being rudolph day & having forgotten to wear my crimbo socks or suchlike I stuck in my ipod & played my christmas playlist for the drive... ended up really enjoying the spin singing along to stuff I normally wouldnt dream of listening to until december 1st...

TRS30 wrote: »
    D'ohh as a great man once said.

Totally forgot as well. Will find something Christmasy to do later.

My little lad didn't let me down.........he was on youtube watching Paw Patrol and next minute I hear Jingle Bells! I had a great sing along :)

I sat down last night and ate the last slice of my christmas cake and watched one the Christmas movies I had recorded off Christmas 24 :)

25 days until Easter!
    D1KsobgWsAAaNdz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Oh god I couldnt help myself. I watched my first xmas hallmark movie of the season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9wHnD_nPtg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

You're mad. I wish I could watch some Christmas stuff over the weekend but I have a friend visiting, the Mrs is away and will most likely in the boozer for the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

@freshpopcorn, those look great for easter baskets :)
    ciara007 wrote: »
    Oh god I couldnt help myself. I watched my first xmas hallmark movie of the season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9wHnD_nPtg

Looks like my kinda movie :) ......just may watch it this weekend (thanks for the link clara007!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement